Rover cd/radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover cd/radio

Have just looked out an old Rover cd/radio (model no;XQE 100380 )that i had for Monty but the illumination was wrong so never used it .I plan to put it in to the Rover 100 as that had a non branded one which i dont like .However it never had the 2 clips on the sides of the front panel so i would like to try and get them if any one can help i would be very greatfull.
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Good luck those little covers - one thing to bear in mind is that radio was also specified by BMW and called a "BMW Business" receiver. Maybe a BMW forum might be able to help you. Oh, and you'll need a BMW to ISO converter lead/plug in order to fit it to a Metro/Rover 100.
    M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

And good luck trying to get it to secure in place with an adaptor on without stripping the dash to tuck it all out of the way! I've got one in a 114gsi, ended up cutting the loom out of a Freelander and doing it that way!

Comment

That model was fitted to many Rover 25s in 2001 and 2002, so a scrapyard trip might be worthwhile.

An easier fix, though, might be to go for one of the Philips/VDO units from a later Rover 25 or Streetwise, as by then MG Rover had sensibly reverted to the ISO standard connector (which will be in your R100, unless the previous owner butchered the wiring harness to fit the aftermarket unit in there)
        1983 (Y) MG 1600
        1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
        1987 700 City 1.6 Van
        1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
        1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
        1990 Clubman D
        1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

I need to know which wires are for what as i havent got the conector on the end of the multi block.
          I pessume the 4 differant pairs are the speakers. That leave solid red /solid black .white with blue stripe and yellow with red stripe.
          Is the live red and black earth? so what is the other two.
          Sure & steadfast.
          1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TLC View Post
            I need to know which wires are for what as i havent got the conector on the end of the multi block.
            I pessume the 4 differant pairs are the speakers. That leave solid red /solid black .white with blue stripe and yellow with red stripe.
            Is the live red and black earth? so what is the other two.
            The four pairs are for the speakers
            The black is earth
            The red and yellow/red are lives one battery and one ignition not sure which way round. if you have a test lamp then its easy to check. if not if you have to entre the code or retune when the ignition is knocked off then they are the wrong way just swap them over.
            The white/blue is for electric ariel just leave it disconnected
            Hope that helps
            Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peter blaylock View Post
              The four pairs are for the speakers
              The black is earth
              The red and yellow/red are lives one battery and one ignition not sure which way round. if you have a test lamp then its easy to check. if not if you have to entre the code or retune when the ignition is knocked off then they are the wrong way just swap them over.
              The white/blue is for electric ariel just leave it disconnected
              Hope that helps
              Peter
              Thanks Peter ive just called into Halfords this afternoon and a very helpfull guy wrote all that down for me and also released the current aftermarket jvc cd/rad player ready for me to change them over some time this week.
              He said i can put the redwith black stripe /yellow& red together if i wanted or just use the yellow /red
              As the Rover 100 still has the origanal iso plugs i might see if i can get another link lead to from the radio or see if i can the spare female iso and crimp new pins in them
              Last edited by TLC; 26th October 2014, 21:20.
              Sure & steadfast.

Comment

That doesnt seam to switch it on only illumination as there no display .Prior to connecting the yellow and red stripe all i got was a flashing red led at the tup of the unit but dont know what that ment
                Sure & steadfast.

Comment

The red/black stripe wire is probably for illuminating the stereo and is usually connected to the cars other lights so that when the lights are on the stereo lights up a bit more. You could conenct this to one of the power wires or not connect at all. If this is connected to the permanent live then it will slowly drain the car battery (very slowly).

The stereo then needs a permanent live just for purposes of remembering radio stations that have been programmed in, and an ignition live so that the stereo only runs when the ignition is ON. These are the red and yellow wires (I also forget which is which).

My guess is that the flashing RED LED is there to look like an alarm, therefore you have connected up the permanent live and not the ignition live.

Hope that helps,

Ian
                  Ian Drew
                  MG Maestro Turbo '400'
                  MG ZT V8
                  Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

That doesnt seam to switch it on only illumination as there no display .Prior to connecting the yellow and red stripe all i got was a flashing red led at the tup of the unit but dont know what that ment
                    Have you connected the speaker wires to check for any sound as my radio display dose not light up as the bulb has gone (must get it replaced ) but the rest dose
                    As long as the red and yellow/red wires are connected to a live and the black to an earth then it should work

hope that helps Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peter blaylock View Post
                      Have you connected the speaker wires to check for any sound as my radio display dose not light up as the bulb has gone (must get it replaced ) but the rest dose
                      As long as the red and yellow/red wires are connected to a live and the black to an earth then it should work

hope that helps Peter
                      This Model dose not have bulbs .As i had this issue years ago when i wanted one for Monty and the colour is red/orange and i wanted green.I disscoverd is not illuminated by bulbs so could not be changed .The only way i could get a green ilumination was to get one from a freelander
                      I have connected the red & yellow/red and the earth to the correct feeds and as i say no luck. I will go to see the guy in halfords and take it with me for him to look at wed while i look for another bmw to f/m ios lead
                      Last edited by TLC; 27th October 2014, 23:47.
                      Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Appaently we wre wrong with the white /blue wire ? as no ammount of differant cominations the rad would not switch on useing the yellow & red so went back to Halfords and he had a look and said its the old colour wire and the white and blue stripe is the live 7yellow/red is ignition live Ive try it and it comes on The rover live is the green and the purple wires.
                        i have found someone who can supply the female iso connectors and pins to crimp onto my wires .
                        Any one interested in buying a 1y old jvc cd /rad kd-r321 with f-aux ?
                        Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Appaently we wre wrong with the white /blue wire ? as no ammount of differant cominations the rad would not switch on useing the yellow & red so went back to Halfords and he had a look and said its the old colour wire and the white and blue stripe is the live 7yellow/red is ignition live Ive try it and it comes on The rover live is the green and the purple wires.
                          i have found someone who can supply the female iso connectors and pins to crimp onto my wires .
                          Any one interested in buying a 1y old jvc cd /rad kd-r321 with f-aux ?
                          Sorry about the miss information I have not came across that wiring before we live and learn glad you got it sorted
                          Peter

Comment

Would like to get a radio instructions for this.What Rover cars was it installed in
                            Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Optional equipment on the Rover 25 from 2001-2, possibly the 45 of that era too.

There was no separate instruction manual produced by Rover as far as I am aware: my 25 has one fitted and the instructions are included in the car handbook.

I am happy to photocopy or scan the relevant pages for you if that helps.

The same unit (without the Rover logo on the front ) was also used in some BMWs and Binis: I don't know if they produced a manual for it? I think the original manufacturer was Blaupunkt.
                              1983 (Y) MG 1600
                              1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
                              1987 700 City 1.6 Van
                              1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
                              1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
                              1990 Clubman D
                              1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Working...
                              X