Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BHP for a Maestro

As much as I look I can not find what the BHP fo my car is

Can anyone help? It is a Maestro Clubman 1.3 1993.
    It did have a cat but I took it off as it was not connected to anything.

I ask as I am chasing parts and it asks for bhp, either 64, 68 or 69,
    Any ideas????

Cheers
    S

Hopefully someone will confirm but info I have for the early 90s is that the Maestro had a 69PS engine (Rover brochure) which would translate as 68BHP. The lower powered engine was used on the E versions - HLE & LE in the '80s

Glasses Guide Check Books refer to 69BHP though it is easy to get PS & BHP mixed up since they are so close.

Nick

Comment

What parts do you need? As there are only a few parts different between the versions.

If you have a 1993 one then I'm afraid you'll need to refit the cat as it is now an MOT failure to have removed it.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

It is a drive shaft I have my eye on and there are two. I have already had the car through three mot's without the cat so I think they take the view that if there is no engine management system then no cat is required.

Comment

i hope your mot station is simperthetic on your next mot.as you do need a cat on your car if it was manufactured with one to pass the current mot

Comment

MOT regs changed this year on the cat. If one was fitted originally it now has to be there.

Whether the MOT tester knows whether there was supposed to be one fitted is another matter though, but my 93 car failed for no cat this year despite passing for many years until now.
            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

The best way is to remove the innards of the cat and leave the empty shell in place, this way no one could tell it has been removed. Like you said, emissions wise it will pass, just the visual inspection would otherwise cause a fail. If it's good enough for VW!!

Comment

the only problem is if the cat has been removed to reinstate it you need a a exhaust with the flanges fitted to bolt it all up

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDAVE View Post
                  the only problem is if the cat has been removed to reinstate it you need a a exhaust with the flanges fitted to bolt it all up
                  That's what I did. I got a new down pipe. The garage welded new supports as without the cat the brackets on the exhaust are in different places. he also had to extend the pipe by welding in a new part. I still have the old parts but the garage puts it through as a car without cat and the emmissions are low but get adjusted to pass.

Comment

Working...
                  X