Classic Car Insurance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Car Insurance.

There are a few companies out there offering Classic Car Insurance, undoubtedly some better than others.
    Who uses who & why?

I have had a quote from Lancaster for my MG Montego and my MG Metro both agreed valuations of £9900.00 each at 1500 miles per annum max, legal cover, salvage retention, security fitted to the cars & the premium quoted is £255.00.
    I know prices will be different for everyone & their uncle along with where you live, how old you are, what you do for work & whether you eat Weatabix for breakfast or not but do you guys think that sounds reasonable?

If that's for both cars it seems reasonable to me. I insured a Landcrab with them and it came to about £130 including the legal protection add ons. My '85 Maestro EFi costs me about £160 from memory but that also has a couple of add ins and my stated mileage is higher. I went to them on the recommendation of a friend, I found it easier to get it all set up than with Lancaster but other than that no major issues. I think you only really know how good these companies are when you have to make a claim.

N.

Comment

I've always used Chris Knott - they quoted apx. £100pa to insure mine market rate @ 500 miles pa in a bad postcode. Agreed Valuation is an issue for me as so little sales to refer to.
      1989 MG Maestro Turbo #413

1986 MG Maestro EFi - Dead but still here
      1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 L - Dead and in heaven

2001 Rover 75 CDT (Daily Runner)

Comment

I have my e30 bmw with Lancaster for just under £100 with guaranteed valuation of 3500 and the monte is flux direct at £95 with agreed valuation. Both are 3000 miles. So if your quote is for both sounds good. I don't earn no claims with Lancaster but do with flux direct
        1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
        1989 BMW 316i
        2013 BMW 320d Touring
        2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

2Gether insurance

Hi Guys and Girls

Fantastic news, we have a new dedicated Owners Club team here at 2Gether insurance for all of you wonderful enthusiasts, which means you can now get direct access to our dedicated team bypassing all the annoying call options. We have club discounts of 25% and upwards off of our already market leading rates, Give us a call on 01945 586220 for a great rate today or speak to me and i'll steer you in the right direction (get it? steer you!!!)

Joe

Comment

Working...
          X