Hatch Respray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatch Respray

I have another hatch for my Maestro that I'm getting resprayed. I have striped down as much as I can but what do I do about the
    wiring harness? Do I leave it in place and mask it off or do I try and get it through the little hole and if I do will I need to cut off the
    connectors and reattach after the respray?

Cheers
    S

leave it in place would be my advice. They are very fiddly to try and remove/refit.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Agreed with E_T_V, re-threading the wiring and washer tubing is a complete nightmare - I know, I've done it...

All the connectors will go through but keeping them together whilst pulling through with the possibility of them snagging on something down the sides is the challenge here.
      M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

One more question on this one. The lock, the wiper and the rear washer all had gaskets but are unusable, where can I get new ones or
        what is the best gasket paper etc to use for external items. I see on ebay there are a million and one types but which one is best?

Cheers
        S

Comment

Those gaskets are largely there to protect the paint from being rubbed by the wiper/washer etc. Thin rubber/neoprene sheet is probably the easiest option.
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Working...
          X