Am I the only one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one...

...waiting patiently for the threatened (or should that be 'promised') 3ºC temperature rise? I've just had to put the central heating back on in Orrell Towers cos it's fing baltic! It's May for Chrissake

When I was a lad, May was shorts and T-shirt weather! They keep saying the planet's warming up. If they could be more specific regarding where abouts, I'd bloody move there

[/SarcasticCynicMode]
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

I think its take it as it comes isnt it now mate..

My mum complained cold earlia..

Im swaning round in jeans and t-shirt still though..

Comment

Global Warming? Pah!

Coming out of a mini Ice Age .

Agree though , the weather's not up to much. Have just put an extra blanket on my bed and shut the windows again ! Not got the heating on, as I live in a warm terraced house, but it's not brilliant weather.
      Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
      "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
      "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
      "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Originally posted by e692wtt
        ! Not got the heating on, as I live in a warm terraced house, but it's not brilliant weather.

Nice. Let the neighbours either side warm you up . . .save some money

Comment

I live in a semi, and my bedroom's on the detached side, not the party wall. I reckon I'll be taking a water bottle to bed tonight!
          Regards
          John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
          MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G733-KKW
            Nice. Let the neighbours either side warm you up . . .save some money
            LOL! It goes both ways... at the moment it's 21C in my lounge. Having said that... come to some shows this Summer and watch me sweat - I'd rather it was cooler than warmer. It's been an awful Winter (not too cold, just grey and looooong) and less than a fortnight's recent 'summer' to end up with the weather we have now seems like being short-changed :laugh: .

Hope it warms up for the shows and camping - but then again when I was camping at Snetterton (May Day weekend) for the race meet there we had frost on the cars by 2300hrs :laugh: . No, on reflection, I hope it warms up!!!
            Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
            "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
            "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
            "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Lol. surely if they put there air con on , you get a blast too

Woken up this morning.. Got coat on.. and floors freezing.. think thats because its illaminate ...

Comment

Agreed.

It sure is cold John.

As anyone who knows me will testify: I'm usually shivering -even when it's hot..:laugh
                So spare a thought for me now...

If reincarnation exists..I'd hate to come back as a penguin.
                My name is Darren.
                Home of a Maestro for 30 years.
                1983(Y)Maestro 1.3 HLE (Nellie) Very poorly
                1995 Rover 214SI
                2004 MG ZS 120
                2006 LandRover 90 TD5
                2014 Volvo V40 T3 R-Design.

Comment

Originally posted by Miracle maestro
                  It sure is cold John.

As anyone who knows me will testify: I'm usually shivering -even when it's hot..:laugh
                  So spare a thought for me now...

If reincarnation exists..I'd hate to come back as a penguin.

:laugh:

Comment

Yes, I share your pain. Still, look on the bright side...its warm and dry at work (where I spend the vast portion of my day/evening), in the car, at home (where?) and in the pub. Just think, all that lovely rain might mean an end to hosepipe bans and drought measures (perhaps, or maybe not if it's the wrong type of rain...) and my back lawn is looking nice and lush!
                    M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Working...
                    X