Member Profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member Profiles

Is it just me? When I click to see someone's 'public profile' I don't get any info they may have put on about themselves or their car, just something about 'visitor messages'

Click on "About me" and the other tabs to the right of "visitor messages" to get more details.
    A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
    Maestro Camper Van
    Maestro 1.3L
    Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

Only tabs to the right are 'Mini statistics', 'Friends', and 'Recent visitors'.

What am I not doing????????

Comment

Who's profile are you trying to view?
        They might not have any "about me" info registered to their account and thus the tab won't show up.

Oli.

Comment

Ok, and what's a 'visitor message' ? Cos it's not the same as a PM!

Comment

It's a visitor messaging system that allows members to send messages to one another publicly.
            IE, things you don't mind other people reading!

Comment

Isn't that what the forum's for?

Don't mind me, had a heavy weekend!

Comment

Well yeh, to some degree. But this is for more casual stuff that others won't want the forum being clogged up with.

Comment

Forgot to mention this a little while back - but we've disabled the 'visitor messages' - we there was some confusion as to what they were for (at least one case of using them (public) instead of a PM (private) - oops!)

We also had a couple of complaints of them being used inappropriately. One complaint was the visitors messages being used for 'spam' (although another user saying "hi" isn't *technically* spam).

So anyway, they weren't that useful, and they'd be impossible to moderate properly, so they're gone!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Y View Post
                    We also had a couple of complaints of them being used inappropriately. One complaint was the visitors messages being used for 'spam' (although another user saying "hi" isn't *technically* spam).
                    I hold my hand up that was me saying Hi to Gareth I assume. Hardly spam unless the user is paranoid

Comment

Working...
                    X