Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 3.0.2 and errors on the main site

Hi all,

I've been chasing my tail all night, trying to work out why the main site is giving me "500 errors" - basically the sort of error messages you get when a script isn't working on the server. These messages are usually generated *by* the server.

Anyway, I've narrowed it down to the inclusion of one particular file, but that same file is used in the forums without problems. Nothing's changed in over 2 weeks in that part of the site, and there was nothing in the log files, so I was a bit stumped.

Then I tried the site in Internet Explorer and it worked.. I usually use Firefox, and then a thought occurred - Firefox has just been updated to 3.0.2.

Therefore I suspect that anyone using the latest version of Firefox will get error messages from the main site. I can only apologise for this, and I'll try and find a resolution, as soon as I figure out *why* it's broken in the first place!

Until then, use Internet Explorer if you need something from the main site.

Originally posted by Chris Y View Post
    Hi all,

I've been chasing my tail all night, trying to work out why the main site is giving me "500 errors" - basically the sort of error messages you get when a script isn't working on the server. These messages are usually generated *by* the server.

Anyway, I've narrowed it down to the inclusion of one particular file, but that same file is used in the forums without problems. Nothing's changed in over 2 weeks in that part of the site, and there was nothing in the log files, so I was a bit stumped.

Then I tried the site in Internet Explorer and it worked.. I usually use Firefox, and then a thought occurred - Firefox has just been updated to 3.0.2.

Therefore I suspect that anyone using the latest version of Firefox will get error messages from the main site. I can only apologise for this, and I'll try and find a resolution, as soon as I figure out *why* it's broken in the first place!

Until then, use Internet Explorer if you need something from the main site.
    This new firefox does suck a little bit. Try looking at a classified ad on eBay's car section, it comes up as a "PHISHING" scam and blocks all of the useful information.

Clicking the "Let me in anyway" button doesn't work either.

It's quite an annoying revision. Worst thing is, this new I.E of Microsofts is no better!

ADDITION - This is what I mean, look at the attached file.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stu_CDX; 28th September 2008, 00:04.

Comment

What firefox

I have know used internet explora to get on and i dont use Firefox ! so the fox must be chaseing hi own tail :laugh:I generaly go through a favorate link with aol and that dosent work atmI also get an error mess if i try to get of this page
      Sure & steadfast.
      BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
      1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
      1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

seams to be working ok now
        Sure & steadfast.
        BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
        1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
        1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Er yes. Both myself and Jon have been working on it from both ends. Jon's changed something back to 'standard' that I know I also tried yesterday. I'm wondering if the hosting company also changed something too, because it went wrong despite neither of us touching it!

Anyway, yes, it's all working as it should now.

Comment

This is interesting. I haven't been able to get onto www.maestro.org.uk or the forums from home for two weeks now. I can only get on at work or at my parents, really odd. Maybe its related...
            1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
              This is interesting. I haven't been able to get onto www.maestro.org.uk or the forums from home for two weeks now. I can only get on at work or at my parents, really odd. Maybe its related...
              Now, I've not had a problem at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Stu_CDX View Post
                Now, I've not had a problem at all!
                Well, that does make a change.

I must admit, as a FF user, I couldn't get onto the main site either. All sorted now.
                Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Im on here almost 24/7. I had some problems viewing the Classifieds and then only for 5 mins the full site.

Comment

Oddly enough, I am now able to get on here at home for the first time in two weeks. Not sure why or how but at least its working!
                    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Working...
                    X