Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in the World Part II

2 points for feedback.

1. How do people expect to sell items/cars if the do not put a location where they are!!!!

2. Why do people insist on putting 'Best Offer' on ads? Why do they not just put a ball park figure they are looking for. An example....there are three vehicle I am interested in but there is no location or price. So chances are they will not be bought by me. If location and price is there I could call and barter. I will have a product and they my money....Simples

Would it be possible for the admin staff to force the field for location on ads?
    and any chance of prices on the club parts? Two prices could be added, one for members and one for non members. I would rather pay the club for parts than go to ebay, but where a price is shown that site will win my cash.

Sorry for the rant.

Cheers
    Stewart

I see your point, but you can bet some dipsh*t will work a way round it, for a reason I've yet to figure, like they do on eBay. 'Item Location: UK, United Kingdom' ?! Even better is when they also specify 'Collection only'!

What you also have to remember is that there are certain communities on our great island which think they drop off the edge of the planet within 100 miles of their house, so it's incomprehensible to them that someone in Gourok (or even Lancashire, where I live) could be eyeing-up their advert and wondering if the item is within travelling distance. These people pride themselves on being able to actually find Scotland on a map.

And I'm not over-stereotyping or over-generalizing: I actually have colleagues working nationally for the same company as me who have never ventured more than 25 miles from their own front door (other than for their annual overseas holiday) and who are are incapable of locating my office on a map. Bizarrely, they don't see it as a problem.
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Working...
    X