Bigger in box (PM's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger in box (PM's)

Is there any reason why there is so little room in the "inbox" for Pm's?

Any chance they can be made bigger?

Mal.

There is a way of making your inbox bigger: join the club.

Non-members 30
    Members 100

The non-members is quite generous compared to other fora - mg-rover.org allow just 5!

Comment

Triple_M / Metro Owners Club / Rover800.info / Scimweb /

Just to name a few Matthew, are all free sites, have much larger PM storage and dont require you to be a member.

I can understand the point of giving more priveledges to paid club members, but on here if you reply to 5 pm's your already a 3rd full.

I'm not exactly asking for a hard drives worth.

Comment

I don't use any of those other sites but I think the difference is that they don't have any paid-up members so there is no member / non-member difference to maintain.

I guess if you don't like something, there are two options:

1. Vote with your feet and don't use the site
        2. Become a member and then use your voice at the AGM to persuade the membership to be more generous to non-members.

My own situation is that after being a member for over 10 years, I have let my membership lapse due to the frustration of not receiving the quarterly magazine on a regular basis. I would have usually overlooked this but after some discussion on here, I was dismayed by how defensive members of the committee were in the face of some well-meaning and constructive advice.

That is another discussion for another time but I mention it because I appreciate that if I want to affect this for the better, I would need to re-join.

Comment

Originally posted by MG MAL View Post
          on here if you reply to 5 pm's your already a 3rd full.
          By the way - what you can do on this site is export all your PMs to a file and then delete the lot so you have an empty inbox and the old messages in an archive.

Comment

I had this problem because my membership had lapsed, I have just renewed and have a vast inbox now

Comment

Granted some do ynot have paid up members, but MOC and Scimweb do, and they dont differ on inbox size between members and forum users.

Comment

Working...
              X