No announcement yet.

Two major MGR parts Distributors close.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two major MGR parts Distributors close.

The two statements below have been lifted from the "Brit-Cars" forum.

I have confirmed today that premier is down to 8 personel, and will be closed completely within a few weeks.

Premier has an ebay shop "TheZwharehouse" which I believe a few of us have used in the past.
    The shop is still in go for a few more weeks, then premier will be gone for good.

They currently have some ARG stock listed, some ridiculously expensive, and some pretty cheap, so might be worth checking them out before it's gone.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/TheZWarehouse

Before long we will be left to the mercy of the ebay sellers and what few MGR jumblers are left at the shows.

Bad news for all ARG/MGR owners me thinks.

The MG Rover parts distribution centre in Crayford, North West Kent has entered Administration this week.

The Whitehouse Group, who previously had franshises for Audi, BMW, Citroen, SAAB, Misubishi, Honda, MG Rover, Mercedes, Toyota, Nissan, Renault, Mini, Volkswagen, Ferrari, Maserati and Peugeot, and after downsizing after the loss of founding owner Brian Whitehouse in 2005, now currently operate with only 3 sites with Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Alfa Romeo sites, plus their MG Rover parts warehouse in Crayford, Kent, have entered administration.

Premier Parts in Romford have just gone too!!

oh god, That Crayford place is my nearest Xpart dealers. Can I no longer go there?

Their website is ok though:

http://www.whitehouse-rover.co.uk/

Comment

Really sad to see all the fixtures and fittings from Premier on eBay now
      Last edited by ChrisM; 23rd December 2010, 16:29. Reason: speeeellidng

Comment

I have many fond memories of sitting in there offices talking cars/parts etc, and from rummaging through there shelves.

Although it's sad to see them go, it's the lads that worked there I feel for most.

mal.
        Last edited by MG MAL; 23rd December 2010, 16:42.

Comment

I know it is not good for the workers at these places, and we will have memories of past times. I do wonder when places like this close why the assumption is made that it will make the availability of parts any worse? I bet we won't notice it. If anything maybe we will have to rely more on ebay sellers than businesses with a shop front but really that offers no problems that I can see?

Comment

Premier was X-parts clearing house for obsolete parts.(as in for our cars etc)

It had been stated in the past by X-part that if they closed Premier, from there on in all obsolete parts not purchased in significant quantities by the "Usual dealers" ,they would be junked as the storage space was more valuable in cash terms.

I was at the main X-part depot not long after MGR went under, and the ammount of good stuff they were sending away for scrap was amazing.

Rare 70's parts stock inherited from when they took over, to parts for the latest cars to come off the line.
            Last edited by MG MAL; 23rd December 2010, 23:38.

Comment

And X-Part kept saying they were looking after the interests of our cars. Load of old b******s.
              So who is now a wholesaler/distributor here in the South East?

Comment

I went to Crayford and bought parts only a couple of weeks ago, everything seems hunky dory when you go in there.

Comment

Working...
                X