This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Shop now open for business!

The Maestro and Montego Owners Club web shop is now open for business!

Initially, we'll be offering a range of merchandise, but as we progress, more items will be added so that members and non-members alike can purchase stickers, service items, spares, car prints, back issues of our magazine, and books / manuals through the club's website.

Our opening offer is the club calendar for 2011. Packed with large pictures of Maestros and Montegos, and professionally ring-bound and printed on A4 glossy paper, it'll make a great impression on your wall.

The calendar costs just £10.00, inclusive of P&P to UK destinations.

Also on offer is a club logo sticker - show your support for our models with this colour glossy vinyl sticker - sticks to the inside of your car's rear screen, or anywhere else you fancy! Just £2.00, inclusive of P&P to the UK.

You can pay for items in the shop with PayPal, or by credit or debit card, and you don't need a PayPal account to complete the order. Additionally, payment can be made in the form of a cheque/PO - contact the regalia co-ordinator (regalia@maestro.org.uk) for details.

The club shop is at http://www.maestro.org.uk/clubshop/ - or you can click the 'Club Shop' link from the home page of the club website.

Just added to the shop - personalised prints of original drawings from automobile artist Paul Bennett GMA.

Paul will add YOUR registration number to one of his laser prints, and set it in a 12"x10" bevel edged presentation card mount, ready for framing. The mount can be British Racing Green, black, mid or dark blue, light or dark grey.

Paul has owned both a Maestro and a Montego, so knows a thing or two about the cars!

If you order through our shop, you're saving £3 off the RRP.

Prints are £19 each, inclusive of P&P.

For a further £10, the prints can be hand-coloured, resulting in a spectacular image to adorn your walls. See the club shop for an example of that.

Below are examples of, from left to right:
    • Austin Maestro
    • Austin Montego
    • MG Maestro Turbo
    • MG Montego Turbo (light shading)
    • MG Montego EFI

Not shown is the MG Maestro EFI - but this can be seen in the shop and is similar to the Austin Maestro, but obviously with different grille.

Please visit the club online shop here: http://www.maestro.org.uk/clubshop/ to purchase these prints.
    Attached Files

Comment

no estates ?
      Sure & steadfast.
      BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
      1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
      1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TLC View Post
        no estates ?
        Would you buy one if there was? I can have a word with the artist.

Comment

Firstly hands up I couldn't do anything remotely as good, so what gives me te right to criticise...but...
          ...they do look a bit 'cloned' off each other, do they not? Especially the Monties.
          Or am I being unfairly critical?
          I'd be tempted by the MG Maestro Turbo if it looked less like the Austin rotated to one side a bit with a different front bumper and wheels. He has at least had a go at the skirt.
          But hey, 100% fair play to the guy. Like who else is offering these: probably nobody!
          Regards
          John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
          MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Y View Post
            Would you buy one if there was? I can have a word with the artist.
            Possably
            Sure & steadfast.
            1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Yes or no?

If yes, I'll get in touch with the author and request he sketches up an estate.

If no, then I'll assume you're not interested, and won't bother the artist.

Comment

As you seem only initially to want to cater for maestro/monty saloons and not all.no
                Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Its not Chris's fault David, it just seem the artist drew the saloons first. Im sure if he knows there is a market for an estate drawing he would do one

Comment

If it's the same guy who did one for me through the MG Owners Club then I am sure he will do an estate. He does the MG ZT-Tourer (estate) I had mine done in colour & I had a special request for him to add side sills as I had them fitted which he did!!

Comment

Just to clarify and underline what Russ has said, the artist has been selling these drawings for a while, sometimes via eBay and also on his website at www.classicmemories.co.uk. They have not been specially commissioned by the club, so the club is not at fault for what he does and doesn't draw. I'm sure if there's a demand he'll draw whatever you want, but I can appreciate that 'maybe' isn't good enough.

If he could tidy up the rear end of the MG Maestro Turbo so it looks a bit more authentic I'd have one off him.
                      Regards
                      John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

As you seem only initially to want to cater for maestro/monty saloons and not all.no
                        It does seem that you are being deliberately obnoxious in this instance. As Russ and John has said, it's the artist who has chosen which designs to make available. But then Chris offered to try and get an estate one commisioned, so to reply like that is out of order IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisM View Post
                          It does seem that you are being deliberately obnoxious in this instance. As Russ and John has said, it's the artist who has chosen which designs to make available. But then Chris offered to try and get an estate one commisioned, so to reply like that is out of order IMO.
                          I agree it is the artist whom choses what he dose.However It is the club that should have said friom the out set that we cater for all so will you do one for the estate.I know us estate owners we are in the minority but you shouldnt leave us out and that inital lack of thought is why i wont have kow wont have one.
                          Sure & steadfast.

Comment

I agree it is the artist whom choses what he dose.However It is the club that should have said friom the out set that we cater for all so will you do one for the estate.I know us estate owners we are in the minority but you shouldnt leave us out and that inital lack of thought is why i wont have kow wont have one.
                            ...which brings us nicely back round to Post No4. "Would you buy one if an Estate was available?" A question you have still yet to answer.

It's simple enough really. These drawings were available before the Club stepped in and started offering them. Why would the Club get him to draw the estste when no one yet wants one? It can easily enough wait until someone says "Yes, I'll have one, can you sort it with the artist for me?"

As they are all bespoke products anyway - requiring individual personalisation before being sent - doing an estate would be easy enough if one was needed.

Until then, pipe down and stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. The Club isn't making you estate owners second class citizens, which is what I think you are implying.

Comment

Nowt to do with me but I too think you're over-reacting. The club looks to have approached someone who was already drawing Maestros and Montego saloons and asked to be authorised to sell his drawings, nothing more and nothing less.
                              It's amazing how easy it is to p*ss people off while doing the most innocuous things.
                              Regards
                              John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Working...
                              X