Classifieds link back added to forum menu bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classifieds link back added to forum menu bar

Can I request the link to the classifieds is added back to the forum menu bar please. It would only take two secs to do.

It is just hassle having to go back to the main page to find it, it means I don't look at it as often as I should.
    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Two clicks is a hassle?

Think of it as a bit of exercise after the Christmas excess.

Comment

Yes it is, nothing wrong with wanting the most useful features to be at the click of your fingers. Surely I am not the only person who just visits the forum only and rarely look at the static pages of the website?

I was actually looking in the wanted section as we are looking to sell some parts. The trouble is due to the arkwardness of getting to it I don't look as often as I should, so may miss out on being able to help someone out.
      Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

1) Click this link: http://www.maestro.org.uk/classifieds/

2) Press Ctrl + D.

Simples.

Comment

I'm with Lindsey on this one - I'm lazy, I know, but if there's space to fit the Classified button without it looking crowded, it'd be nice to put it back there.
          Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
          E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
          H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
          J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
          L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
          OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
          PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

I see both points.

The website is there to be used. However, it is a function available to the forum and can only be helpful.
            Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
            VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
            J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Would a better option be to remove the Cars & Parts For Sale subforum and make it instead a link to the proper 'Classifieds' section?

I do believe that the Cars & Parts For Sale subforum was only meant to be a temporary addition, some time ago now. Removing it could promote better use of the Classifieds section of the website. Discussions about cars and parts for sale could be catered for in one of the existing subforums, most likely General Maestro & Montego.

At the moment, I reckon the 'proper' Classifieds is underused as most of it ends up on the Forum. A dedicated Classifieds ad system is more user friendly for those browsing to buy than a Forum. Also, there is a good deal of misuse of the photo album section of the Forum with plenty of people using this to sell vehicles and items. This might be due to poor awareness of the existence of the classifieds section. Either way it certainly detracts from the intended use of the album.

Comment

And Cars and Parts for Sale ends up confused with Recommended Links and Traders - people will post in either, and some threads end up in the wrong category.

One question though if we DO do that; can comments be enabled on adverts? The threads tend to involve people asking questions about things omitted from the ad - it'd be nice to have that sort of public feedback retained.
                Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

The classifieds software does allow you to make commernts from memory.

The shakeup sounds a good idea, as I for one underuse the classfieds as I find it difficult to get to.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the idea of making everything a shortcut from the forum - the website is about more than just the forums.

However, I know there's a way of linking to the classifieds and making it look like a standard sub-forum. I'll investigate this option, rather than adding to the frankly already cluttered menu bar. This might also get people posting in the classifieds rather than in the photo galleries.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Y View Post
                      However, I know there's a way of linking to the classifieds and making it look like a standard sub-forum. I'll investigate this option, rather than adding to the frankly already cluttered menu bar. This might also get people posting in the classifieds rather than in the photo galleries.
                      Done.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Just to mention this is now broken.

Comment

Now fixed.

Comment

Working...
                            X