X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Website Launch

Dear viewers,

The Club's long-awaited new website is now ready to go live! As part of the switch-over process, you may shortly find that sections of the current website become unavailable. Please don't adjust your sets and don't worry! Its replacement will soon appear.

If, for any reason, you wish to get in touch in this matter, please direct queries to me via Private Message or by email to webmaster@maestro.org.uk
    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Does this mean older posts will disappear? I can't wait to see the new look.

Comment

No, posts won't be affected. The website and forum are administered seperately.
      Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
      E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
      H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
      J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
      L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
      OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
      PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
        No, posts won't be affected. The website and forum are administered seperately.
        I would imagine there will be changes to the default forum theme and an update of the software at the same time to make it a seamless integration. Like it is at the moment though.

Perhaps Steve can clarify?
        Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Thoughts on the new website "look"

Well I've seen it..

What do other people think??
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

?

Comment

Yes, Mal. The Maestro & Montego Owners Club has a website beyond the forums.

It can be found at www.maestro.org.uk

Steve Worsley

Comment

No need to be facetious Steve.

I am aware of the website.

I had not seen the changes.

Comment

Yes some people won't if it is stored in the cache. Press CTRL+F5 hope that helps.
                  Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker View Post
                    Yes some people won't if it is stored in the cache. Press CTRL+F5 hope that helps.
                    Aye, good advice, that!

Good work Steve, it's been a long time coming, but I rather like it! Freshens things up a bit, certainly.

Comment

I really like the new style of the website!!! Great Job guys!!!!!
                      Cant wait for the maestro showroom to be finished!!!

Regards

Jordan

Comment

Just a minor point: some of the links don't appear to work, even though there is no 'under development' notice on their page, such as the Members' Cars area.

Other than that it's coming along fine.

It would be nice if the areas which are down as 'under development' actually do get developed and don't just sit there for years waiting to be finished.

I'm well aware the website is maintained unpaid in people's spare time (by people far more talented at this stuff than me, let me add), but pages which just sit around and say "under development" for years look bad. It would perhaps be better if their links weren't included on the homepage at all until their sections are at least usefully complete. For example, on the old website, the photo archive which Jon S started about a decade ago and which got as far as two or three cars, with all the rest "coming soon" for about nine years.

But overall, keep up the excellent work.
                        Regards
                        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Revamping a website the size of this one is an ambitious project to take on, and I know that Steve has put a lot of time and hard work into it.

It shows.

Well done, Steve, and thanks. The last proper re-design was in 2003, so it's about time for a fresh look. I'm sure any loose ends will be tied up soon - let me know if you need a hand with anything.
                          Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
                          2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Like the fact it is being updated. Well done and keep it up.

Hate the new logo (much preferred the older one)

Like the fading banner pics

Don't like the button logo used throughout - the AR logo has three bars not two!

Like the new good bits "borrowed" from other sites

Don't like the loss of the PHP-forum link fancy stuff on the main page, but I'm guessing that is a git to do.

Don't like the current difference between the forum and website (although I suspect this may change). It used to be almost seemless

Don't like the "errors" on the HTML (Some people like valid/strict HTML to ensure compatibility but that is probably me being fussy).

But overall the work is appreciated, but you mustn't be afraid to ask other people for content for the site as it is the content that is the hardest to write I find.
                            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Cheers.

John, Members' Cars will be updated once material is there to use. I don't really want to launch the site with my own car (or the 'usual' ones) featured. Our members are always encouraged to submit their own material and I look forward to this section growing richer. So if anyone wishes to submit a small article with photos of their car/s, please do so.

As for the 'Showroom' sections, I am soon to arrange a meeting of minds to collate all the correct information and compile a far more in-depth catalogue of models/model years than we've ever had. This will take a lot of time as there's a hell of a lot involved, but it has to be a 'work-in-progress', added to as and when or as you say, it'd just appear empty for years.

The 'new' logo has been around for a number of months now and appears on our merchandise (mugs, keyrings etc), as well as the forum, already. The design of this uses two stripes, one blue, one green and it is this I have carried through as icons. Would look a bit silly to have any more stripes for a graphic as small as it is.

Not sure what's 'borrowed' from other sites, I've just designed as I've seen relevant.
                              Last edited by D87SMW; 8th July 2011, 19:43.
                              Steve Worsley

Comment

Working...
                              X