This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website / forum top banner

I'm not one to complain but there seems to be a very annoying glitch where changing page/thread etc the top banner quickly displays all of the images at the same time downwards taking up almost all of the screen, it happens for seriously less than a second but it is bugging me

It is occurring on two different computers and also on my Android phone.

Anyone else experiencing it?

Yes I noticed that, Oli. But given that it disappears before I can take a screenshot I figured I could live with it

Comment

Should now be fixed on the forum theme. I'll see about getting the website changed.

Comment

Oh - they should change? I have the full screen of all sorts of banners all the time. And yes, cookies and scripts for maestro.org are enabled...

Alexander
        http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....berbouckef.htm

Comment

Alex I wouldn't go there I have already mentioned it in the website update thread which was closed. As Mr Worsley says feedback is not wanted or asked for, neither is advice.

The site is full of errors, I ran a cross compatibility test on 34 browsers, and 12 of them failed to display the site correctly. That is more than a 1/3!

All I got for trying to be helpful was loads of abuse!
          Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker View Post
            Alex I wouldn't go there I have already mentioned it in the website update thread which was closed. As Mr Worsley says feedback is not wanted or asked for, neither is advice.

The site is full of errors, I ran a cross compatibility test on 34 browsers, and 12 of them failed to display the site correctly. That is more than a 1/3!

of course advice is welcome. nitpicking, abuse and "mine is better than yours" comments arent

Comment

Originally posted by ozzienpg View Post
              of course advice is welcome. nitpicking, abuse and "mine is better than yours" comments arent
              Not sure what you are getting at? I can only assume that in some way you think I have been abusive? Please point out where?

I have given constructive critiscm and advice or offer of help is most certainly not welcome, neither is feedback. Steve posted that he never asked for feedback and doesn't want it. He also stated that he doesn't want any advice on how to lighten his work load he would prefer to make life difficult for himself.
              Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Easy solution: I choose the one I like most and blocked the other ones...

Alexander

Comment

Not sure what you are getting at? I can only assume that in some way you think I have been abusive? Please point out where?

I have given constructive critiscm and advice or offer of help is most certainly not welcome, neither is feedback. Steve posted that he never asked for feedback and doesn't want it. He also stated that he doesn't want any advice on how to lighten his work load he would prefer to make life difficult for himself.
                  If you cant read back at the other post and see how some of your comments could be interpreted as inflammatory (amongst others peoples) then I cant see the point in trying to persuade you otherwise.

I have no quarrel with you, but its hardly fair to rile people up, then when they bite, play the victim
                  Last edited by CPL593H; 15th July 2011, 13:22.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzienpg View Post
                    If you cant read back at the other post and see how some of your comments could be interpreted as inflammatory (amongst others peoples) then I cant see the point in trying to persuade you otherwise.

I have no quarrel with you, but its hardly fair to rile people up, then when they bite, play the victim
                    I thought not as I have not been abusive.

Yes the comments were so inflammatory...

I appreciate the effort which has gone into the website
                    Please don't get downbeat about the above comments they are supposed to constructive,

Comment

Yes the comments were so inflammatory...

i'm glad we agree

Comment

when I was last very active on the forum up to about 2007 ish everyone seemed to get on ok - now there's clearly some sort of feud developed. some regulars have dissappered of the face of the earth, Lindsey has developed a detailed knowledge of web design to bait people with and Steve has spent some time updating the current format of this site and walked into a set trap!

Just chill out!
                        Last edited by ChrisM; 15th July 2011, 18:37. Reason: removing inappropriate image
                        CURRENT FLEET:
                        1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                        1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                        1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                        2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                        1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

The rotating headers use code which was taken as suggested by a fellow Club member - so I'd back down on the 'advice and feedback isn't wanted' twaddle.

Please don't step in to tell someone else what I do or do not want, either. If Oli wishes to put across a query, then let us address it first, thank you.

And the site works fine in all the regular browsers people are likely to view this in, so if you have a browser which doesn't work, that's not my problem.

Back on topic, thanks Chris for addressing this issue.
                          Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                          VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                          J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

I haven't found a thing wrong with the new site. I really like it!

Comment

Originally posted by D87 SMW View Post
                              [FONT="Arial"]
                              And the site works fine in all the regular browsers people are likely to view this in, so if you have a browser which doesn't work, that's not my problem.
                              OK, I've looked at the page's code and know now why it will not work for me - in theory it might work on firefox. I decided for me that I prefer not to execute scripts linked into a website from external sources - in particular I forbid google scripts to run when I don't want to use them explicitly. I'm probably in a minority, but I will at least pretend to have an idea where and to whom I supply information. Well, my problem - and I've solved it for myself for the time being.

Regards,

Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X