No announcement yet.

Feedback From Club Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for my overdose of cynicism above, I'd be happy to contribute in some small way...

But I still have no idea what html is or what it does and, before people try to tell me, I'm not particularly interested.

Perhaps if someone could be 'put in post' to post things like Blogs onto the Site, that would be of use to a lot of potential contributors? I think maybe a fresh Committee Post would be needed for this, as opposed to expecting already-busy Committee members to cover this role as well.

At least I knew what a Blog is (but that was more by luck than judgement :laugh: ).
    Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
    "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
    "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
    "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Home Page...

How hard would it be to create a Flash intro for the homepage? Something that incorporates all the various models featured on the site, as well as the merchandise and events etc...
      Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
      VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
      J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

It's relatively easy to create flash animations if you have the right software. Maestroweb used to have one many years ago (you probably won't remember it!) but I'm not a fan of flash, "flashy" as it may be it can be slow, is time consuming to create or change and poses compatibility issues (ie. a lot of computers don't have the necessary software installed to view it). If you come to a website that asks you to spend half an hour downloading something before you can access it you're probably going to move straight onto the next one.

Thanks, incidentally, to all who've offered help with various aspects of the site. We all appreciate it and I'll get back to you all in the near future once we've made a bit more progress with implementing some of the changes that have been suggested. I've got millions of ideas myself but as usual, frustratingly, very little time to actually do anything about them
        Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
        2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Luckily I didn't reply to Steves post before I read yours Jon, as I was thinking exactly the same thing

There was a hype about flash a couple of years ago, where nearly everyone was doing it. But when it came down to it people weren't interest in gimmicky websites that took hours to download they just wanted to get straight to the content.

Also as Jon says, flash does compose compatibilty problems, at least with HTML this website is readable across all platforms and web browsers. We have to remember not everyone uses a microsoft operating system and internet explorer and this includes myself. I actually use a browser called Firefox at work due to the better features, reliability and the way it deals with security.

Everyone please keep giving feedback and suggestions tho'
          Last edited by Beaker; 20th August 2004, 21:05. Reason: spelling mistake
          Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Working...
          X