Decal Reproduction/Possible New Regalia Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decal Reproduction/Possible New Regalia Items

The Club is currently researching into reproducing Maestro & Montego car decals. Some of you are now getting to the stage where your cars are undergoing some large repairs and it is always nice to be able to restore your car to its original condition afterwards. The things we are looking into getting remade are items such as the 'VP' coach line logo and things like '2.0i' badges for MG's. Those of you who are interested post up here what you would like to see for your car. There is however, a limit to what can be done and some vinyls may become available before others
    Last edited by Austin-Rover; 16th February 2005, 23:01.
    Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

The "LX" decal, or, if a "DLX" one was available, this could make both as they are the same with just a "D" added. Also, Clubman and Clubman D? If at the very least the club can secure an original of each, they could always be reproduced as and when they were needed?

Rich

Comment

you do realise that the MG decals are available from MGM Group, MGCC FWD Register, and also via Gareth on the ******** forum. I know competition is healthy, but....
      midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Originally posted by mgdavid
        you do realise that the MG decals are available from MGM Group, MGCC FWD Register and also via Gareth on the ******** forum
        No, as when checked on the website there was no mention of 2.0i decals. I can not see any mention of the reproduction of Turbo Decals either, however I am aware the MGM group do reproduce them, but wasn't aware of their other decals.

This thread is only in response to what members have asked for on this forum, and one of the main reasons for this thread. What do people actually want, or think they want in the near future? As there is no point in us going through the time and effort to produce a decal that is only going to be useful to one person, or as you point out is already covered.

I know competition is healthy, but....
        Thankyou for pointing this out David, we have no intentions of creating competition or undercutting anyone on purpose, as this is not what the club is about. We are only interested in offering a excellent value for money service, that enthusiasts./members can enjoy, and benefit from.

Reproduction decals are going to be necessary for many of us in the near future for restoration purposes, as rover continue to stock less and less parts.
        Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

you're right, MGM aren't over-efficient at advertising what's available. This should be high on the list of the co-op between committees that I've been reading about.
          midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

It certainly will be on the list of priorities. However I digress....

Back to the main topic of discussion, what would people like in the future?
            Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

MG M Group decals

you're right, MGM aren't over-efficient at advertising what's available. This should be high on the list of the co-op between committees that I've been reading about.
              The MG M Group don't advertise what decals they sell because of concerns over breaking copyright laws as strictly speaking it is illegal to produce exact copies of the decals.

If anyone on the MMOC committee would like to know which decals are available and how much they cost, please PM me and I will arrange for someone to supply a list. The decals are always on sale at events where the MG M Group has a stand and many people bought decals at MG Saloon Day last year.

As an indication the most popular decals for all MG M models (including Metros) are available but things like LX and DLX are not.

If you look at the Club Regalia page you will see that there is a mention of decals (and has been for as long as I remember). It says:

MG Decals

The club does have a number of decals for MG Metro, Maestro and Montego models. Please contact the club for more information. Being a member gives you a discount.

MG M Group Regalia Page

Comment

There is more specific information, and pictures, on what decals are available on Martin Woods website http://freespace.virgin.net/martin.w...ia/regalia.htm
                Last edited by metro; 7th January 2005, 20:00. Reason: Typo

Comment

Martin Woods site

Martin does have some decals on his site but he does not sell them anymore. The pictures are from when he was on the MG M Group's committee and the decals he had are ones commissioned by the MG M Group and still available through the MG M Group.

Comment

Matthew,

I have managed to find a leaflet with all the regalia items on. Is it possible some more leaflets could be sent, via a PDF file (if one is available) or through snail mail?

Comment

Decals

Originally posted by Skatiechik
                      Matthew,

I have managed to find a leaflet with all the regalia items on. Is it possible some more leaflets could be sent, via a PDF file (if one is available) or through snail mail?
                      Yes I'll get this organised for you. May PM you about this or e-mail.

Comment

before anyone says... yes I know this thread is 6 years old.

Can you still get LX Decals from anywhere, I'm going to need some for my maestro restoration very soon....!

Andy
                        CURRENT FLEET:
                        1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                        1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                        1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                        2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                        1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

I'd be interested in countryman decals in silver? For the 2 sides

Comment

I do the graphics and regalia for the MG 'M' Group - which means I concentrate on the MG Metro, Maestro and Montego.

However in the past I have helped with the supply of graphics for M&MOC (Mayfair and Countryman graphics). So approach Steve who is the Regalia co-ordinator (http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/member.php?u=2628) and if he cannot help, please contact me.

I can definitely get Countryman ones done in any of about 40 colours and I cannot see the LX one being a problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X