Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M&MOC Annual Awards - The Future

Good morning everyone!

WE'RE LOOKING FOR M&MOC MEMBER FEEDBACK!!

Hopefully you had a great weekend and a fun BL Rally 2017!

From next years show season, we're thinking about making some changes to the way we present our annual awards to club member's cars. As we now have a more active club scene in the North of England, would it be an idea for us to have a separate award system in the North, and one in the south? We often see strong support at the Northern shows, and quite understandably, not all of these cars make it to the shows in the South/Midlands. What do you think?

Traditionally, we have always presented our annual awards at Peterborough, however, we could change this to a different annual show, as there are so many more that we attend now. Gaydon perhaps? Please let us have your thoughts.

Finally, we are hoping to change the categories within our award system, as it is slightly outdated. Years ago, Best Austin Maestro, Best MG Maestro and Best Rover Maestro (for example) was an easier award to present, but as the number of cars has reduced over the years, we believe that we need to rethink the categories that we present. Not only to keep things fresh and interesting, but also give all cars in attendance a fair chance of winning. Please do let us have your thoughts and any suggestions for our new categories.

Have a great week folks!
    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Idont like the idear that we will have a north south divide within the club we should be one community and the awards should be given centraly for ease to attend.The struture of the award could be changed and maybe a non bisased guest judge to do it ?
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

I agree, a central location for everyone to attend.

Comment

BL Autumn Rally in Milton Keynes perhaps? Easily accessible via M1 from all parts of the country and currently free and it is fast becoming a superb show. I'd say it was my favourite show of the season last year, the atmosphere is brilliant. Despite pre-booking well in advance, circumstances prevented me from attending Peterborough this year but I've noticed a dwindling number of cars at that show over recent years, whereas Milton Keynes show is on the ascendant thanks to the superb effort of Tom Morley and others.

Just a thought...
        M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Milton Keynes location would be right on the limit for me, 2 1/2 hours each way means 5 hours (based on no hold ups!) travelling in the day. I know you can't please everyone!

Comment

Or alternating venues to make it suitable from both ends of the uk
            Last edited by TLC; 11th August 2017, 20:24.
            Sure & steadfast.
            BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
            1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
            1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TLC View Post
              Or alternating venues to make it suitable from both ends of the uk
              I think this is a good fair idea.
              MG Maestro Turbo #500
              BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
              Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
              Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

I think that having the events open to all members is a good thing, It would be beneficial for the awards presentations to change venues across locations that provide reasonable access for most of the members.There are quite a number of variants of the Maestro and Montego and awards should be available to all cars - But how many classes should there be? and how should the classes be based - just my thoughts - some suggestions
                Style (eg City, Van den Plas, Clubman, Estate Car ),
                Engine type (eg A, Diesel, V-configuration)
                Marque (eg. MG, BL-Austin, Rover, Foreign and TET-Kit)

1999 TET Maestro (Ledbury) Kit packaged 1995/6
                Last edited by RHE; 1st September 2017, 20:59.

Comment

Working...
                X