Large Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Pictures

Just a reminder to people, there has been a sharp increase in massive pictures being posted on the forum. There are a few users of this forum who are still on dial up and some who are still on 28.8kbps and large pictures make it extremely difficult to read the forum.

So can I ask please that we all be considerate if you would like large pictures, then the gallery is avaliable for this, and the good thing about the gallery is it will automatically create two versions, a smaller thumbnail which you can link to on the forum.

Alternatively if you still wish to link to external pages, as a rule of thumb please make sure they are no wider than the forum page

Or you can use the attachment facility on the main forum

I have written a guide on how to attach photographs on the forum and how to resize them which can be found in the FAQ here

If anyone is struggling with the Gallery, let me know and I will write a guide for this too.

Thanks peeps!
    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

I am not sure if I should be asking this question here but, ...er well call me an imbecile, but I am unable to view any thumbnail images. Am I likley to have something set incorrectly? I have a broadband connection by the way but cannot see why this should make any difference. Thanks for any advice.

Comment

Very interesting. Does anyone else have this problem? I've attached a picture to this post which should show up as a thumbnail - what are you seeing instead? What browser are you using?

I can't think of any reasons why this wouldn't work for you at the moment but if you can give me a bit more information, I'll see what I can come up with.
      Attached Files
      Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
      2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Hi Jonathon.
        I am using IE (version 6, I think). Bit of a mystery though 'cos I do not remember having any problem up to a few weeks ago. This was due to me loading SP2 ie XP service pack 2. Everything else works fine. Thanks for your help in any case.

Comment

I have this trouble, intermittently, on my home pc. It's fine at work, generally.

Perhaps I'd best feed the hamsters in my home pc, it's not especially up to date :laugh: . I use IE6 as well (I think, actually as long as it works I'm not fussed) with Windoze 98, if this helps.
          Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
          "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
          "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
          "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

you could try firefox, http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/, to see if it's an IE only problem or something like a firewall or adblocker.
            MS have some things to try
            http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

Comment

i can see a thumbnail and when the mouse goes over the pic a hand appers which u then click to see the larger pic.

hope this helps

Comment

Thanks alot, guys. I will give the MS link a try and get back to you with the outcome.

Comment

Are there really, REALLY people out there using 28k modems? I've got to ask 'WHY'! I can just about accept that there may be people still on dial-up, but surely we cannot keep working back to such low common denominators!

I'll be careful next time I post a picture and check it doesn't have too many different colours for those with only 256-colour graphics cards, and make sure it's not too big for those people with only 14-inch monitors running 640x480

Sorry but I think we've just got to move forward!
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                  MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV
                    Are there really, REALLY people out there using 28k modems? I've got to ask 'WHY'! I can just about accept that there may be people still on dial-up, but surely we cannot keep working back to such low common denominators!

I'll be careful next time I post a picture and check it doesn't have too many different colours for those with only 256-colour graphics cards, and make sure it's not too big for those people with only 14-inch monitors running 640x480

You mean your computer isnt steam powered John ?? :laugh: It was me who posted the big piccies .. ooopppss :toothy:
                    I must admit I forgot that people would still be on dial-up ..
                    I can get faster access on the move through my mobile on 3G than a 56K dial up snail :laugh:

Comment

ive got 56k dial up.....same as my taste in cars.....my computer is rather dated and full to overflowing with junk :laugh:

Comment

LOL!!

Originally posted by G51 NAV

All I have to say here is ditto! :laugh:

:toothy:
                        Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                        VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                        J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Welcome to the Prehistoric PCs Owners Club
                          Regards
                          John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                          MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Then you'll be interested to learn that this website is a product of prehistoric computer technology - I think Lindsey was actually referring to my dialup which really is a mind-numbingly slow 28k! I've just become used to clicking a link and then going off to do something else while the page loads :laugh:

I've had broadband since April but there have been so many setbacks getting it to work and getting BT to do what needs doing to the line at our end it's taken 3 months (of waiting in call centre queues) to get anywhere!

I still can't find an answer to the original question I'm afraid. I don't think it's a browser issue because a lot of us are using IE6 and XP, I'm thinking it's something security related that the service pack has changed.
                            Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
                            2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Taking of pictures, how do you post a comment on a picture in the gallery?
                              1994 Maestro Clubman TD 215K and counting!
                              WANTED! Maestro steel sunroof '86 on - any condition!

Comment

Working...
                              X