Maestro/Montego fuel filler pocket avaliability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro/Montego fuel filler pocket avaliability

i was wondering if the club has enquired about this specific part lately. anyway.. i have just enquired about the avaliability of fule filler pockets (part number cdp2207) for my vandenplas and the part is coming up as NLA

this is a part which rusts badly and will be needed in the future to keep our cars on the road. i found this link -
    http://www.xpart.com/html_content/contact.htm

basically....if we want these pockets to be manufactured in the future we need to get as many names down as possible so they know it will be worth making these parts in the future. just follow the link and put your details down.

This won't help, but I found one for a fiver at the MGSD autojumble this year...

Comment

They had loads from that panel offer a while ago. I'd get them to check with Xpart as I think they may be available again, (like anti-roll bar links which were NLA and then became available again).
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Fuel filler pocket

Originally posted by ChrisM
        This won't help, but I found one for a fiver at the MGSD autojumble this year...
        There was not much you couldn't buy at MG Saloon Day this year!

I bought a fuel filler pocket for a later model (which has a little hole in it for the lock) last year from my local dealer so if they are NLA then they haven't been for long.

Comment

Having these parts reproduced is still slightly beyond the MMOC's financial capabilities.

We are, and have been for the last 3-4years, collecting a 'library' of original panels ready for the day when it is within our scope to reproduce parts for a reasonable price.

We are already reproducing parts like engine mountings and bushes; we're looking into throttle cables right now too. Hopefully panels and other 'harder' to reproduce parts like interior plastics trim won't be too far off.

I have just filled out the x-parts form on the behalf of the MMOC to add a fuel filler pocket to our library (+ a few spares to add to stock) and hopefully push X-parts a little towards keeping all the Maesty/Monty panels/parts available.

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X