X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVANCE NOTICE OF FORUM DOWNTIME

Please Note

Due to a planned software upgrade, Maestro & Montego Owners Club Forums, Gallery and Classifieds will be unavailable from approximately 1100hrs until 1800hrs on Saturday 10th December 2005. This work will not affect other areas of the website.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this will cause.
    Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
    2011 Jaguar XJ

For those wondering what was going on I've upgraded this forum to the latest version of the vBulletin software, which addresses a few security issues and gives us the latest platform to work on. We have to do this periodically to keep everything up-to-date.

Not everything went smoothly and it took a bit longer than I'd anticipated. This wasn't helped by a completely unrelated script we ran that apparently crashed our host server a few times this afternoon hence the "account suspended" messages some of you will have been greeted with!

As a result of the upgrade you'll notice a few subtle changes around the forum but the general feel is the same. The classifieds and gallery functions should be back online before the weekend's out, although the garage will probably take a little longer because of a compatibility issue I need to look into.

Thanks for bearing with us
    Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
    2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Another update...

Both myself and our developer have been unable to restore the functionality lost in the forum software upgrade last weekend after about 15 hours between us so far, so it looks like it'll be a few weeks yet before we'll see a return of the classifieds, garage and photo gallery. The updates for the software we use to power these areas of the site seem to have caused a lot of problems with file permissions etc. and their technical support is less than helpful, turning a simple half hour job into a bit of a nightmare.

Everything will return in the New Year, but until then I've added a separate forum as a temporary substitute to the classifieds pages. We get quite a lot of adverts and we don't want anyone missing out on anything!

Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
      2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Work ongoing to resolve problems

Just quickly for anyone who is worried that there's a hacker loose.

I'm in the process of fixing up the gallery so that it'll work again following the vBulletin upgrade. The process is likely to result in a few quirks here and there but progress is being made.

Thanks for your patience.

Progress:
        Photo Gallery: Update and working..
        Classifieds: Updated and working.
        vbGarage: Pending

Comment

Working...
        X