Social events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social events

I'd like to invite the social secretary to discuss with the forum what social events he intends to organise this year? any **** ups or the like??

Andy
    CURRENT FLEET:
    1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
    1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
    1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
    2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
    1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

There's a list of events on the 2006 Events page - social events are shown under a green title. There don't seem to be many at the moment, but suggestions are welcome.
    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

this is the point, I wouldn't even class the great north run as a social event, at the end of the day if your social life depends on being out with a Maestro then...... well if you need it explaining you'll never understand.....:laugh:

I think it would be best to hear what the social secretary has up his sleeve first....
      CURRENT FLEET:
      1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
      1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
      1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
      2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
      1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Originally posted by H48HPE
        this is the point, I wouldn't even class the great north run as a social event, at the end of the day if your social life depends on being out with a Maestro then...... well if you need it explaining you'll never understand.....:laugh:
        uum what can I say: If you're looking for an 18-30 event Andy, I suggest you look elsewhere............
        My name is Darren.
        Home of a Maestro for 30 years.
        1983(Y)Maestro 1.3 HLE (Nellie) Very poorly
        1995 Rover 214SI
        2004 MG ZS 120
        2006 LandRover 90 TD5
        2014 Volvo V40 T3 R-Design.

Comment

Darren, you're not wrong.

Andy, apart from the Great North Run's, many Club/forum members do meet up quite regularly. We've established in the past that many of us M/M owner's tend to have similar interests and tastes, so we get along fine. Though, if you want to do things which don't involve these cars, or just cars in general, then M&MOC get-togethers aren't really that.
          Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
          VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
          J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

I'd like to invite the social secretary to discuss with the forum what social events he intends to organise this year? any **** ups or the like??

Andy
            your input for a suitable day/event is most wellcome

if theres any more members with ideas too please let us know this club is run by the members for the members
            Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

Andy, rather than waiting to see what may or may not be planned why don’t you offer some suggestions as to what you would like organised. You’ve stated that the Great North Run is not your cup of tea, what is? Perhaps you know of some good places to visit round your neck of the woods?

Things like this don’t just happen. You can’t just create a social event and expect people to turn up. You have to know there is interest. The Social calendar this year is rather full and very varied. There are several race meetings (I highly suggest you consider attending one, not only for the racing, but for the food and beer!) as well as the Great North Run and Christmas Meal.

There is always further scope to expand, but there are only so many free weekends, and only so much free time people have to arrange them.

Comment

As a lot of us members seem to be in the Yorkshire/Lancashire area, I'd be happy to organise an event/night out, all dependant on what others like to do. I personally enjoy getting absolutely wasted on Champagne in sexy Mancunian bars untill dawn, but I'm sure that's not to everyones liking, but I'm sure a compromise could be reached, and as I say, I'd happily organise it?

Comment

I think it would be best to hear what the social secretary has up his sleeve first....

We will leave the real enthusiasts to it ..

lets go up santa pod.. just for mild browsing of corse.. {for ideas }

Comment

Originally posted by Droity
                    I personally enjoy getting absolutely wasted
                    sounds a good plan. i'm in.

seriously though, a chat over a few beers with some other members sounds a good idea.

Comment

Other Clubs have monthly meets for their local areas. Perhaps this is where we should look at beginning?

Comment

Yeah, i'd be willing to travel. I live in Blackpool, but have a rented house(soon) in Manchester, and half of my family lives in South Yorks (Barnsley) anyway so if I was heading east it would be a good excuse to visit them as well. In fact my aunt has a pub there...

Don't organise anything too soon though, i'm in Morocco till the 20th of August!

Comment

this is the point, I wouldn't even class the great north run as a social event
                          It's definitely not anti-social!
                          Last edited by BikerGran; 23rd August 2006, 11:24.

Comment

workshops

how about a workshop type event where ppl can learn /hava a go a doing repaires under guidence from other members & ppl could learn from ppls mistakes ect i for 1 would participate.

Comment

Cheers for the comments and ideas. Keep 'em coming .

If people want to have "monthly regional meets" then volunteers are needed from people in different areas to, basically, choose a pub or other venue (no need to speak to the venue first though) then be there from the start time on the agreed night.

I'm happy to co-ordinate this for the North West. If people can let me know where they are coming from, and what nights they would be able to manage, then I will sort a pub convenient for all of us.

Any volunteers for the other UK Regions?

Feel free to PM or email me.
                              Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
                              "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
                              "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
                              "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Working...
                              X