Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallery

Just a small point - you might find the gallery would be better used and better organised if members could post photos to the sections such as 'Maestro', 'Montego' and 'Photoshop' - currently only Mods appear to be able to!

Anyone?

Comment

Some parts of the gallery are under used at the moment.

I was originally hoping to keep the Maestro/Montego bits for some of the best photos using the personal galleries for everything else. Another issue I've got is space. A site like this uses a lot if it, it's mainly pictures and eventually it'll run out. We may well have to impose some kind of limit in future.

I'm open to suggestions on what to do with the gallery.
      Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
      2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Gallery

Possibly remove the Photographic Archive and instead incorporate it into the Gallery. A section listing all the models/variants and a selection of photos of each? Seems of little point having a Photographic Archive separate to the Gallery, if you see where I'm coming from.

This section could be left with access only by Admin, where Club Members are able to post images from events and general photos elsewhere.

To be honest, the Classifieds have moved from website-based to forum-based, so to reduce the amount of duplication I believe the Events Reviews and Photographic Archive should also move into the forums.

Just a thought...
        Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
        VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
        J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

I can actually see the point of the photographic archive, but the biggest problem with it is that it never really happened
          Regards
          John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
          MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

...which is because of the other big problem... we don't have enough time outside of our work and personal lives to obtain photographs to the exacting standards we require for such an archive. Unfortunately it's slipped to make way for other more important committee, er, commitments.

The other major problem, of course, is finding good clean and sufficiently original examples to photograph.

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X