Classifieds section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classifieds section

Just browsing through the classified ads section, and it would be really useful to be able to order by distance. I imagine this would be quite difficult to do as it would have to look up locations and calculate distances.

What would be easier and also useful was if the distance could be shown in the search results rather than having to click on every item.

I'd really like to be able to do that too. If it becomes a feature on a future version of the software or if there's a modification that lets us do it I'll be upgrading straightaway.
    Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
    2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan
      I'd really like to be able to do that too. If it becomes a feature on a future version of the software or if there's a modification that lets us do it I'll be upgrading straightaway.

Zip code Distance has actually been avaliable quite a while, and is definately a standard feature on Version 2. (The same with feedback system too I belive). To get it work I am pretty sure you will need to purchase a commercial database to work along side it.
      Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

I'll look into it. What I don't want though is the costs spiralling such that we have to introduce a charge for non-members using the classifieds, which would be a shame because it could lead to cars being scrapped rather than sold - and that would defeat the object.
        Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
        2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Working...
        X