No announcement yet.

Can we add the Metro to the club name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we add the Metro to the club name?

Is there any reason why the club can't have the Metro in it's heading/theme as technically they are all from the same home/family.
    It may also help to preserve some of them as quite a few Maestro's & Montego's seem to get offered to members on here for rescue & it would be a shame if Metro's were getting trashed/scrapped because we don't cater for them.

This question has been asked many times over the years. To incorporate the Metro into the M&MOC would be a mammoth undertaking. It doesn't actually share all that much with the Maestro/Montego so to cater for it in terms of spare parts and support would be very difficult for us. We have quite possibly the largest store of Maestro/Montego spares outside of X-Part - all stored at committee members houses - to add a similar level of parts for the Metro to our stock would be impossible. However, we welcome Metro owners to our forum (technical advice) and to our stands at car shows too. It's not like we don't offer any support.

I always considered the Metro more of a suitable candidate for joining the Allegro Club International (gears in sump? suspention system?). Thankfully, it would look like a stand-alone Metro Owners Club is being formed as I read recently in Classic Car Weekly. Long overdue methinks...

Comment

www.minimetro.org
      Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
      2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan
        I can't read that Jon, could you make it any bigger?
        Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

www.minimetro.org
          Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
          2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

:laugh: at above!
            On a more serious note, i think the MMOC is in quite fine fettle as is..

Comment

You'd have to add Land Rovers and and Sherpia vans and London Taxis, they all share items from the same parts bin............

Comment

I see the point. It was just a sugestion as the 80's models from Austin-Rover were the Metro,Maestro & Montego like the 25,45 & 75 today & I know that there are several forums for the later models but as there are fewer & fewer of the 80's cars left I thaught it wouldn't hurt to re-unite the family!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan
                  I was gonna say that!

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter
                    I know that there are several forums for the later models but as there are fewer & fewer of the 80's cars left I thaught it wouldn't hurt to re-unite the family!
                    Forums are very much different from Owners Clubs. Although there is a trend recently for forums to label themselves as owners clubs.
                    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Triple M cater for metros, I know the name implies MG only but they are open minded. Personally I think the arrangment here suits here.

Comment

Thanks for the linkage! The Club was founded on the 1st September, so is fairly new. I am updating the site as often as I can (Juggling it with day to day life!:laugh: ) Feel free to join the forum, even if you don't own a Metro, it'd be nice to have a few more members.

the Club is sounding very promising at the moment, with a project car on the way (mine) and maybe two more (if I pull my finger out and save more cash). We've had various articles puclished about us in CCW and Classic Van & Pickup lately, and hope to gain more publicity.

I'm too tired to tell more, but if you need any more info PM me or contactme through the forum

Lee.

Comment

The MG 'M' Group cater for MG Metros. We have a number of Austin versions in the club as well as K series ones.

regards,
                          Patrick

Comment

Working...
                          X