Chatroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatroom

I was wondering whether we could add a chatroom facility to the site?
    There are many free providers about. (although i think you can add it onto VBulletin the forum software?)
    Several, if not most members don't use MSN messenger or similar, it would be good to engage in some Maestro & Montego ramblings.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?, i think it would be a superb addition to the site.

I like it... but my fear is that technical discussions are then not 'recorded' as they are with the forum... not so useful for searching for help!

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,

I have in the past run my own "room" on Delphi chat forums.

All Chat rooms have the resources to 'archive' partial or full chat sessions for future reference.

That way anything said can be refered to for either technical/useful info or reprimand issues.

Mal.

Comment

On the other hand it might provide a more suitable means for chat and leave the posts with a bit more substance (that we'd want to archive) on this forum.

If anyone wants to set something up / wants me to set something up I'm sure it could be arranged if there were enough interest in it, but there's no point if it's only going to have 2 or 3 users.
        Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
        2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Being a bit od a wet blanket, most of the chat rooms on other forums I belong to are used enthusiastically for a few weks and then people seem to forget about them.

Comment

Chatroom ?

Dont we have an off topic section for that ?

Good idea ..But im not one to Agree ..

Poll Time?

Comment

Working...
            X