Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi all
    I have a 1994 Maestro diesel van, had it for about 8 years, it is my third one and I love 'em. Nice grunty engine and space in the back. I need a sump for the Perkins engine as mine has become porous, any thoughts as to where I might get one, either new or used? Any thoughts welcome.

Nice to see this forum by the way.

I will ring one of my friends tomorow and see if I can get one off him if he still has any of his blown engines out of his van!

Welcome aboard any way I also own a maestro van too!
    Last edited by MG Maestro Van; 24th May 2011, 22:17. Reason: Forgot to say hello!

Comment

Thanks for the offer but I now have located a new sump for my engine. Nice to see another Maestro van man, they are splendid vehicles: long enough to sleep in, big enough to get other things in, still gets 50mpg and can run on veg oil (30% - 50% mix with normal diesel) when veg oil is cheaper than diesel in the supermarket, hopefully not trendy and fashionable enough for the attention of car thieves, decent headlights, reasonable handling and brakes, and now the prices of them have hit rock bottom they should start appreciating in value in years to come. And finally if the world's oil supply dries up they would make a good shed for chickens. The only downside is the noise and that is easily cured with small foam earplugs.

Comment

My Uncle also has a 96 model of Maestro diesel van. After being stubborn about keeping it for so many years, he finally seems convinced to sell it off. Please guys, see if anybody in your circle is interested in buying it. Hopefully a deal can be worked out after some negotiations.

-------------------
        Thanks
        Patrick Baker
        Office Furniture in Chandigarh | Office Furniture in Chandigarh

Comment

Working...
        X