Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, from the Netherlands

Hi There,

My name is Levi, I live in Maastricht and I have a weakness for Austin´s.
    Since 3 months I own a Austin Maestro LE 1.3 (1984). I use it as my daily car and i´ve done 2000km whitout any ´big´ problems. Problems I had whit it,

Oil pressure switch leaking
    Electric fan switch disfunction
    Econometer unit disfunction
    Hiff44E Choke doesn´t work good

But once you forget the problems you realy like the car.

Greats,
    Levi

Welcome!

A very nice car you have there. There are a few other members from The Netherlands in the Club and on the Forum.

I notice your car has vinyl covered seats. Are they original to the LE model? We didn't get any seats like those in the UK.

Comment

I only know that the previous owner coverd the seats and door cards in skay leather (She made it her self ! ). Does someone have more info about the LE model, Alexander (also on this forum, from Aacken) told me this is a rare model.

The previous owner (fist owner!) exchanged the Maestro for a modern car by the Austin dealer in Susteren where they bought it (back in 1984). It sad next to an Austin Metro GT that we were going to buy. But before i know we bought the Maestro AND the Metro GT (for a frend ) !

Comment

Welcome to the club ....very nice car!

Comment

Welcome here Levi! Make sure to show me your Maestro one day - do I see a BBQ coming one day?

Regards,

Alexander
          http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....berbouckef.htm

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hi There,

I've painted my current set of wheels in black. Just for the winter i think. I might get 2 other Meastro's for parts so I can take those rims for the summer.

@ Alexander, it's always time for a BBQ, in about 4 weeks I have school holiday. We can meet than, you can see the progress on the other cars (expecialy my Landy). I haven't been at your place thought..

Greats,
              Levi

Comment

very nice!
                Regards
                John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Nice car mate

Comment

That's lovely! Welcome to the forum.
                    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Had my first meeting whit the Maestro....okey it was a local mini meeting (about 70 mini´s) but nothing is so funny when you observe the people walk around the car. First thing they do is look at the emblems bycouse they don´t know what it is haha.

Maybe on tv....

Levi

Comment

Nice motor!

Comment

looks good... I really like those leather seats, the previous owner did a really good job there!

Andy
                          CURRENT FLEET:
                          1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                          1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                          1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                          2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                          1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover View Post
                            There are a few other members from The Netherlands in the Club and on the Forum.
                            I'm one of them.
                            Have you bought your LE from Moorthaemer?
                            Take a look also on www.elkmerkwaardig.nl
                            Hope to see you with your Maestro soon on a meeting there.

Comment

I bought the Maestro LE from Moorthaemer yes. Do you know the garage ?
                              Can you keep me updated about a meeting at your club, i would like to come to a meeting. I am a member from http://amrwr.nl/. You can even see a litl story about me and my Metro at ´clubleden en hun auto´.

Where do you live yourself, and do you have a maestro ? 22october i get 2 other maestro´s for spares so i when can help anyone whit something please let me know..

Regards,
                              Levi

Comment

Working...
                              X