Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 Rover Mestro 2.0 Diesel in MACEDONIA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Rover Mestro 2.0 Diesel in MACEDONIA!

Hi there to all.

I recently purchased this Rover Maestro while travelling in Macedonia. I bought it from a 'first owner' and it has just over 100,000km, which is about 6000km per year. Excellent condition inside and out, running gear seems fine, quite torquey uphill so im happy. Will post some pics soon.

My main concern is availability of parts and how to obtain parts if necessary? I understand that Manufacturing of the Rover changed hands at various stages and during the birth of my particular vehicle there was a joint venture between Rover and a Bulgarian company which did not last too long. This resulted in 1700 being exported to various countries, 200 of which went to Macedonia.

The vehicle is in good knick and so far looks the goods but i like to be one step ahead in any case, so if anybody can give me some detailed information on procedures for a speedy request for any part that i may need in the future, it will be greatly appreciated. Meanwhile im doing my research as all good car owners should.

Cheers

I wasn't aware the kits assembled in Varna Bulgaria included diesel models!?

Excellent, so where are you based then?

Do you have some pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
      I wasn't aware the kits assembled in Varna Bulgaria included diesel models!?

Excellent, so where are you based then?

Do you have some pictures?
      I have the original Owners Manual and service history book which is written in Macedonian, it must have been translated at the time of the production hick up. If you have any conflicting info, please let me know as im trying to get all the facts of this automobile.

Do you have any info on the 2.0 diesel and the reputation of this engine?

I will post some pics to today.

Comment

Given the Bulgarian Maestros were basically diesel models with 1.3 litre petrol engines (and van gearboxes) fitted, a conversion may have been done at some point. I know of one in the UK that has been converted to Perkins diesel.
        Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
        VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
        J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Its not a streightfoward conversion as the gearbox and fuel supply systems are different

Hi mk rover welcome to the forum, is it the perkins engine in yours? If it is, its a great engine as long as you give it regular oul changes. The other engine which may hve been installed is a vw diesel, which again is a perkins engine but not as efficient as the propper maestro diesel engine

Comment

It is a Perkins 2.0 diesel. Having trouble posting the pics. Can i get some help guys?

Comment

Pics are now available through my profile.

Comment

Hi from one newbie to another. Great looking maestro diesel you have there.

Comment

Originally posted by mr cooper View Post
                  Hi from one newbie to another. Great looking maestro diesel you have there.
                  Cheers mate. How long you had your Maestro for? How do you are the 2.0 Perkins diesel?

Comment

MAESTRO

HI, car looks great ,welcome, hope you have many trouble free miles.
                    Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Originally posted by normanmg2000 View Post
                      HI, car looks great ,welcome, hope you have many trouble free miles.
                      I will be getting around Macedonia in the next couple of months so hopefully it serves me well. Changed the oil, filters and general check up, looks good.

Cheers

Comment

I was in the process of changing the Air filter and found that it had some oil on it and inside the case it sits in. I understand that some blow by is normal at times but also know that excess oil could mean a piston ring. I will replace with new filter and drive for 100km or so and monitor the oil level.

Does anybody have any info on this?
                        Last edited by MK Rover; 29th October 2012, 22:10.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a litle oil in the air filtre housing all of them breath a litle I have had several perkins powerd maestros and they have all been very reliable never had no problems other than maintance bit's wheel bearings breaks etc Happy motoring!!

Comment

hi just reading your blog about the conversation.ive just rejoined the site after my latest aquasition.a stunning apple maestro with 2000 miles from new.ive done a full diesel conversion several years ago but had to aquire a doner vehicle to complete.not sure where it is now.idid regret selling it.like yours in red but right hand drive.what this space I will be doing another....Donnie (wantage)

Comment

Working...
                            X