New Member - Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - Hello

Hi, Just found this forum and I am impressed.

I have had three previous Maestro's during the 80's and always thought they were such an underated car.

The previous cars were a 1.3HL (old type), 2 x MG Maestros - one facelift from new.

Yes I was that person who bought a Maestro from new and I paid for extras such as better radio, electric front windows and alloy wheels (only year when they were not a standard fit) !!

After a number of other Rover cars I decided to treat myself and I bought a J reg, British Racing green, 2.0i to tinker with.

However, due to work commitments I could not give it the time and care it deserved so stuck it into a local barn and forgot about it.

Well, that was over a decade ago and I guess it's time to get the thing back on the road and get involved with this forum.
    Last edited by carfix; 13th November 2012, 19:51.

Howdo!

Im not far away in Westbury (wilts) , nice to have another owner near by.

Mal.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Good bunch of people on here with a vast amount of knowledge and most importantly knowledge that they are willing to share so you wont be stuck if you need any advice.
      Enjoy

Comment

Hi and welcome!.

Would be good to see some pics of your car!

Ray
        MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
        Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
        MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Its rude not to say hello so heres mine,I am very new here myself and input where I can.....I am running a 1984 1.3 Maestro at the moment some pics of wich will follow very shortly

Comment

helo and welcome

Comment

maestro

hi & welcome,good to hear you will be putting your 2.0 i brg back on road,i had one the same excellent car.
              Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Hello nice to have you on here
                Howard Millin

Currently own
                1991 J303KFW " Maggie " Rover Maestro 1.6 LX
                2006 B20HJM " Tommy " Mini Cooper ( British Racing Green )

Previously owned
                1969 RDB820H Vauxhall Viva
                1974 GEH154N Ford Consul
                1982 YBA128Y Ford Fiesta
                1985 C405DBA Ford Fiesta
                1964 " Mrs Doyle " Buick Special when resident in the USA

Comment

Many thanks for the friendly responses.

I will try and get some piccies of the MG shortly once I free it from the barn storage.

I have not actually seen it for at least 5 years although I have the interior in my loft and the remains of the head lining in my bedroom (don't ask).

It was seeing the article about recovering the head lining by Jeff Turbo that got me onto this forum site.

Comment

Working...
                  X