Hello everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone.

Hi my name is Rob, This is my first post, although I have been a member in 2006ish. I've just finished my copy of Monstro from cover to cover-What a great read. I have a bronze 1.6L Montego which will be 25 years old next year and has done only 18000 miles. I am getting it back on the road so I can bring it to the show's. It has some minor rust patches and just two small items missing. My present every day car is a Vauxhall Zafira and is the only foreign car I've owned. Previously, Montego, Metro, Rover 414, Montego, Midget, Maestro, MG Metro, Marina, Mini, Marina, Mini, Marina, AH Sprite, Riley Kestral and Austin Cambridge estate. My dream car is a red MG Maestro Turbo

the monstro mag was very good this quarter.
    have you any pixs of you car so we can have a look at

Comment

Hi Dave,

I've put some photos in the albums section of the forum.

Rob

Comment

montego

looks great how long before its back on road?
        Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

It's going to be next year, although there isn't much wrong with it. I've only just raised the funds to get the work done on it but as the summer is ending I may not get the chance to do what needs to be done this year. There is surface rust on the wheel arches that needs sorting and a few other bubbles and spots. When all the work has been done I am going to Waxoyle it. The car also has two small pieces missing- the scew cap from the interior door handle and a peice of the black inset trim off the external offside rear passenger door window. Other than that it is in excellent shape. Should pass mot easily enough. In march it is 25 years old, what better way to celebrate- a trip to the first club meeting of the year.

Comment

Hello everyone.

Welcome to the forum! Your car sounds fantastic. Not seen the photos yet, I'll have a look in a minute. You mentioned wanting a red Maestro Turbo, there is one on ebay the moment
            Regards
            John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
            MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Yes I saw it, I would love a Maestro turbo, but I don't have that kind of money to spare. I have booked my Montego in for the bodywork to be done today, they are the best body people around and repair the local Police cars. I thought it wasn't as bad as it looked but it's having two new wheel arches and a few bits tidying up. It goes in on the 16th September. It's gonna cost £600. The mot, tax, and insurance will have to wait 'till next year, ready for the spring.

Comment

Working...
              X