Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from an Oldie!

Hi everyone,

Become a member couple of weeks ago after buying a 1993 1300 Clubman Maestro from a neighbor in our village, my initial intention was due to a breakdown with my everyday car and at the time my other car a Rover 75 was having cam belts done so we needed a cheap runaround ASAP, the asking price was a giveaway with six months tax and test and only 45,000 thousand miles, and we did not want to be without a reliable car until our Omega was fixed.

Anyway to cut a long story very short we liked the Maestro so much that we decided to keep it and is now in every day use.

Only signed up today and as soon as I find my way around this forum I will post up a few photo's.

Mike.

Welcome Mike.

Sounds like you've got the Maestro bug!

Comment

Just goes to show the image that these cars had many years ago is just not true.
      I have 2 cars in daily use, a 1980 mini and a MG ZT V8.
      The former is of an age when things were not built or designed particularly well. The later needs a computer to fix.
      A Maestro, easy peasey to fix and keep running.

Welcome aboard.

Ian
      Ian Drew
      MG Maestro Turbo '400'
      MG ZT V8
      Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

maestro

Be very careful, they are very addictive ,WELCOME.
        Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Welcome along. As with all our cars especially in daily use,,,,,,buy a Disclok!!

Comment

welcome and yes a disc lock I use them on my metros (sorry for the abuse but they are austins) would use it on my A40 farina but no one wants to nick it its to loud !!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the positive welcome's Guy's!

Here is a photo of Oliver, he's kept in a garage but your comment's on the Disklok are taken on-board.

Comment

yeah mike have a look on Ebay you can find them there for about £20.00 or so, a good investment, i learned of these from this site when I joined after having 1 of the mk1 metros nicked but found it in the next road as they didnt know where to turn the fuel pump on !!, I strayed from the point I bought a job lot of five so all our cars have them fitted now

stoney

Comment

Stunning, what a lovely Maestro!
                  1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 Base (B662 DVX)

Comment

That looks gorgeous

Comment

Very nice indeed.
                      Greg

Rover Maestro 1.6LX 1991,Daily Driver
                      Triumph TR7 V8 DHC 1980

Comment

I must admit that my choice of camera angle was quite crucial in the posting of this photo as the nearside has started to have one or two patches of small rust. My intention is to get it to the body shop during the summer months.

Anyway thanks for all the kind comments.

Mike.

Comment

Working...
                        X