Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

not really a true "newbie" but feel like one..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not really a true "newbie" but feel like one..

Hi all
    I have been registered here for some time now, but not been active for a long time. I have two maestros lurking in my garage, a Ledbury one and an Apple one. Due to lots of things, I have not had them on the road yet and it must be around 8 years since I bought the first one.

I am intending to put the Apple one on the road this May (but don't want to add too much to it's 5k miles) and have been checking things over. However, in the last month or so since I was inside the car, it has become a true "micetro" - yep, the little critters have moved in!!! I am devastated, the car was pretty well in good order and I had replaced the headlining when I got it and I thought, made a good job. I now find the varmints have eaten a big hole in the biscuit and then through the lining in several places!!!

As you may or may not know, mice have no bladder, SO you can imagine what it smells like in there!!!! I have tried to clean the biscuit, or what is left of it, but it still stinks to high heaven. I was going to try and repair it, but only if I can get rid of the smell. My biscuit seems to be made of corrugated cardboard.

Has anyone any advice on how to make a new biscuit?? As I imagine they are no longer available. My car is one without a sunroof, but if I can get one with a sunroof hole, I am prepared to try and miodify it. I really am just so deflated with what has happened to my lovely car.

Regards
    David

There are 2 Ledbury Maestros being broken in Bedford which won't have sunroof holes in their headlinings. Even if the lining has sagged, the biscuit should still be ok. Check this link:

http://www.maestro.org.uk/pp_class/s...1&cat=4&page=1
    M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Working...
    X