new member gets rosette.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member gets rosette.

wow!!!!! what a weekend. took my '89 maestro 1.3L clubman to my first rally yesterday,organised by east yorkshire thoroughbred C.C. i bought it at the end of march and joined the owners club. 56 miles from then until yesterday.those miles were getting it M.O.Ted fixing the radio and the roof lining. the run was 30 miles from hull to bridlington. in the boot was a tow rope, bottle of water and some oil. no need for any of them. 550 vehicles one behind the other. buses, trucks,motor cycles and scooters. 4 classes of cars. in my class there were about 80 cars, maybe about 400 cars in total. there was only ONE MAESTRO
    in the whole show. mine and i received a third in class. i was beaten by a fantastic 4 liter daimler. and a 2.8 complete rebuild capri. So i don't think i let the side down.was i chuffed.
    Last edited by diggerfrank; 13th June 2016, 17:12.

Wow, what a great achievement - well done! Any photos?
    M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by diggerfrank View Post
      wow!!!!! what a weekend. took my '89 maestro 1.3L clubman to my first rally yesterday,organised by east yorkshire thoroughbred C.C. i bought it at the end of march and joined the owners club. 56 miles from then until yesterday.those miles were getting it M.O.Ted fixing the radio and the roof lining. the run was 30 miles from hull to bridlington. in the boot was a tow rope, bottle of water and some oil. no need for any of them. 550 vehicles one behind the other. buses, trucks,motor cycles and scooters. 4 classes of cars. in my class there were about 80 cars, maybe about 400 cars in total. there was only ONE MAESTRO
      in the whole show. mine and i received a third in class. i was beaten by a fantastic 4 liter daimler. and a 2.8 complete rebuild capri. So i don't think i let the side down.was i chuffed.
      Nice one

Comment

my friend took some. i'll see what i can do.

Comment

I hope that i'll have something that can come along next year to join in. I didn't know it was on but will certainly look out for it now.
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Nice one, just shows the improving opinion of our cars!

Ian
            Ian Drew
            MG Maestro Turbo '400'
            MG ZT V8
            Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

it's me again.as you know i received a third place rosette 4 weeks ago. yesterday i showed at mid lincs rover club at east kirkby. i came home with 2nd.
              last time it was a rosette this time a TROPHY. ABOUT 200 PLUS SHOWED , A SPITFIRE FLYPAST AND A RIDE IN A LANC UP AND DOWN THE RUNWAY.
              great day despite the rain in the morning..

Comment

Working...
              X