Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Kettering, Northants

Hi there, another new member here.
    As you might tell from my name, I've been running old Austins for years. We've been through A30's , A35's, A40 Farina, Maxi's, and now, the best make just got better with the oilsippingloadluggingengineknockingturboboostingfr ugalfuelledheavysteeringMaestro!
    Catch up with you soon - may even pass you
    Dean

hello and welcome .my mum passed her test in a A35, a while ago now.i am guessing you also run a turbo diesel miestro
    Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

Yup. Very nicely cobbled together Bulgarian one, now RHD and running turbo diesel. Excellent economy, returning about 55-56mpg over the range of driving;

But since I attached one of those Ecoflow magnets to the fuel line, it has been returning 58-59mpg, so maybe the mystery of the magnet does benefit the fuel in some way. No I'm not affiliated to Ecoflow, wouldn't have paid 50 quid for it - found it at the local car boot!
      Can't quite get the magic 60 but will keep trying.

Dean

Comment

Welcome Buddy

Comment

Welcome
          My name is Darren.
          Home of a Maestro for 30 years.
          1983(Y)Maestro 1.3 HLE (Nellie) Very poorly
          1995 Rover 214SI
          2004 MG ZS 120
          2006 LandRover 90 TD5
          2014 Volvo V40 T3 R-Design.

Comment

Hi Darren,
            So are you almost the nearest Maestro owner to me in Kettering?
            What do you mean by "very poorly"? Is Nellie in use or under restoration or in a queue of I'll do somethinng with it when I get a few moments?

Mine went through MOT this week - had to do back brakes and a cv gaiter, now my oil light is flashing on and off all the time. Drove back up M1 from Watford and no mis haps, must be the switch - I hope!

Dean

Comment

Hi Dean
              I might be the nearest Maestro owner to you. Welcome to the site!
              Phil
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Phil,
                Does that mean you have local suppliers well sussed, and I can use your car as a point of reference if necessary?
                Are you a 'restorer' or a 'driver' enthusiast?
                Which end of town are you?
                We are in Windmill Ave, down towards Wicksteed Park.

Comment

I'm in Desborough and have restored 2 Maestro Turbos. I own no 96 in black.
                  I've always found stuff in local scrapyards - getting scarcer now though. You're welcome to have a look at my car for reference if you need to.
                  Phil

Comment

Working...
                  X