Hi To all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi To all

Hi I recently go a link to this forum from ETV (thank you) I just returned to maestro owning after 10 years.I just bought a very tidy 88 2.0i though I still refer to it as an EFi (showing my age!) this is the 9th maestro ive owned.Im messing about at pres with a digi dash which ive had working but need to sort out the speedo which ETV has been very helpful with on the AR forum.I paid my mebership today so decided to say hello.
    Other maestros ive owned rang from the Turbo to a van with a O16 powered on ,not a misprint it was 16v O series which I wrote about in the MGM mag last year,an MG1600 and several EFis. I also have an 89 metro turbo that has only done 11k .
    Cheers

Russ
    Last edited by Russ; 30th January 2008, 18:51.

Originally posted by Russ
    ...O16 powered on ,not a misprint it was 16v O series which I wrote about in the MGM mag last year...
    There it is - Russ's O16 as seen in Forward! Spring 2007:

Russ wrote a really interesting article about a little-known development engine. Back Issues available here: http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgm/fwd_bi.htm

Comment

Yes, I remember reading that, I guess it was a prototype/fore runner of the M series. Very interesting little motor.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

It was very stressful! Would have loved to have the right ecus for it. The chap I bought it from had loads of new prototype engine the most memorable being ohc A series' that looked like baby O series.

Russ

Comment

OHC A-Series

The Austin: Men and Motors has an interesting section on the OHC A-Series. It was developed for the Metro but they went for the A+ instead because it produced the same amount of power but was cheaper to build. There is also a 6-cylinder engine in a Metro turbo shell at Gaydon.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple
            The Austin: Men and Motors has an interesting section on the OHC A-Series. It was developed for the Metro but they went for the A+ instead because it produced the same amount of power but was cheaper to build. There is also a 6-cylinder engine in a Metro turbo shell at Gaydon.
            I remember you telling about this,why they thought 6 cylinders were a good idea when other companies at the time were messing about with 3 is anyones guess. I would have been very smooth but stupidly expensive to build.

Comment

Working...
            X