• Monty heater matrix removal "the easy way"

matrix can be removed without removing dash
    i have a complete set of instuctions if anyone wants a copy please
    post reply with email address
    Not sure but it would probably work for a Maestro as well

matrix removal instructions

attched complete instructions for heater matrix removal
    works on a MonRemoving Heater Matrix without removing Dash

First remove the glovebox roof panel and disconnect the wires. Then remove the glovebox lamp and disconnect the wires. Then remove the glovebox itself—some screws
    And then some rivets need drilling out, Don’t miss the ones
    on either side halfway back.
    In the engine bay disconnect the two pipes where they pass through the bulkhead.
    Back inside the car, disconnect the double pipe unit at its union with the matrix. There are 3 allan screws ( same size as the rotor arm) remove one more screw and lift the pipes out of the way. Remove the two small posidrive screws holding the matrix in place, it should now be free to slide out of its housing, but there are obstructions preventing its complete removal !!! Now Comes the Hard part.
    Locate the square section black plastic tube that takes air from the heater to the nearside screen demister vent. To the right-hand side of the glovebox you will see it is supported by a vertical metal bracing strut. This is riveted at its lower end to the lower back edge of the facia assembly. Drill out these rivets, taking care not to damage the facia. Give the square tube a tug to the left and to the front of the car to disconnect it from the plastic outlet elbow on the heater casing. Twist the outlet elbow a quarter turn and remove it.
    While pushing the square tube towards the bulkhead , remove the matrix.

Re-assembly is the reversal of removal.
    Good luck
    Note---- above works on a Montego, never tried it on a Maestro

Comment

matrix removal

anyone tried the easy way to remove matrix
      I would be pleased to hear any comments
      worked OK for my MG Monty
      ian

Comment

Working...
      X