2.0EFi Lumpy at low revs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0EFi Lumpy at low revs

My Maestro 2.0EFI is extremely lumpy when in low revs. I need to drive in a higher gear than what I should do just to make it driveable. Idling can also be lumpy, I intend to change both ECU's and the idle bypass valve, if that's not the solution what else could it be ?

HT leads, rotor arm (or rotor arm loose in the bush). airflow meter need cleaning?
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
      HT leads, rotor arm (or rotor arm loose in the bush). airflow meter need cleaning?
      Has new leads, dizzy cap, plugs but will check airflow meter, someone thinks it could be air bypass valve ?

Comment

You can usually clean out the bypass valve as they can get gummed up with crud. Worth a try! Also check the rotor arm doesn't rotate on the cam (the bush often deteriorates).
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
          You can usually clean out the bypass valve as they can get gummed up with crud. Worth a try! Also check the rotor arm doesn't rotate on the cam (the bush often deteriorates).
          Thanks, bought a new valve for £15.00 and will check rotor arm.

Comment

Well, a £2.00 vacuum advance/retard hose and connectors and it's up and running, the original had ben broekn off, happy camper............

Comment

Working...
            X