Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhaust Downpipe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Exhaust Downpipe

    The exhaust down pipe on my S series Maestro has corroded around the joint with the mid section of the exhaust. The car now sounds like a vintage tractor.
    Do the fast fit exhaust centres supply down pipes for our cars, including a new gasket where it bolts onto the engine?
    There’s one ebay item that might fit my car but in the photo it looks almost as rusty as the one I have and I can’t see any spring hooks.
    Burgundy 1987 Maestro 1.6L
    173,000 miles.

  • #2
    I can only recommend you ask your local (independent) exhaust place. They *should* be able to get you one.

    Comment


    • #3
      If all else fails, I can highly recommend http://www.leisureshack.co.uk/

      They have alsorts in stock, including most Maestro and Montego exhausts and accessories. I got a full Triumph Acclaim system from them: the delivery was prompt, and the product very acceptable. The only downside is you have to either fit it yourself or get someone at a friendly garage to do it for you!

      Comment

      Working...
      X