Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maestro Radio Cassette Wanted

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maestro Radio Cassette Wanted

    Hello,

    I am looking for a radio cassette player for my MG1600 like the one in the picture below.

    These were fitted to early Vanden plas, some Montegos and all 1984 Maestros from 1.3L to VP. has anyone taken one out of their car and would like to find a good home for it?

    Hope you can help, Matthew
    Attached Files

  • #2
    I can't help but "I know a man who can"...

    Or at least may be able to. Email me if you've got some time on your hands and you want a number. I'd be very surprised if you can't get hold of one in a scrappy, but having said that early cars are getting a bit thin on the ground now.
    Jonathan Sellars

    1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
    2011 Jaguar XJ

    Comment


    • #3
      I had one of those as standard in my first Maestro, a B reg 1.6HL that I bought 15 years ago. I changed it for an Audioline radio cassette with a digital display, and binned the old one. What a dipstick! Still, we live and learn.

      The radio cassette to which you refer was a radiomobile item featuring auto-eject. Basically if you stalled the car with the tape playing, the unit spat it out! Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I'm sure I've seen an FM version of that unit fitted to Rover SD1's.
      M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for your replies

        Jon - I would like to e-mail this chap who has such a stereo. My e-mail address is matthewsemple@hotmail.com

        Simon - I think you are right about the FM version in the SD1 as someone else told me about that. If I could get hold of one of those that would be great as I could swap the front panel round on the broken one I have and then tune into modern radio stations as well as play tapes. However the manufacturer was Motorola
        Last edited by matthewsemple; 8th June 2003, 08:24.

        Comment


        • #5
          Matthew,

          If you already have the radio but it's knackered, check out the link I posted in my "YAAY" thread (http://freespace.virgin.net/mike.mjgoodall/) and give him a ring to see if he can fix it.
          A closed mouth gathers no foot

          Maestro Vanden Plas
          Maestro Camper Van
          Maestro 1.3L
          Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

          Comment


          • #6
            I have a similar unit, but without the cassette player for sale.
            Attached Files
            Steve Worsley

            R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
            VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
            J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

            Comment


            • #7
              can you show use a pic of the plug ,if he does not want it ,if it has the right plug on it, i will have it if that is ok ps how much do u want for it cheers tony
              Tony Hague



              A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

              Comment


              • #8
                Here's the connection for the radio shown above:
                Radio unit FOR SALE at £5
                Attached Files
                Steve Worsley

                R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

                Comment


                • #9
                  Cassette

                  Hello,

                  My car already has the standard radio only unit so you are welcome to sell yours to Tony especially if it means he can get his Montego to talk again!

                  Cheers, Matthew

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Anyone want it then...?
                    Steve Worsley

                    R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      message sent f170
                      Tony Hague



                      A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X