HELP ! Can anyone help me with my temperature sender/transmitter on my MG1600 ? I have tried now, about a dozen, different senders ( some rover, some unipart, some intermotor - all listed for the MG1600 - have even tried ones from my other cars - 9 classics ) but I am not getting a reading to my gauge via any senders. If I earth the wire from the sender, the gauge gently lights up all bars, goes to the red and then Nicolette does her moaning............
SO, its not the cable, its not the gauge, solder joints or anything like that. I even put in my spare dashboard. The guage is working, I AM JUST NOT GETTING A READING FROM THE SENDER. DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE ? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANOTHER TRAIN OF THOUGHT HERE ?
I really am just going to sort the car out with some paraffin and a match soon ( not joking here ! ) as my own temperature is rising and for a £100 heap of rust, its not worth the bother..........................right now I will get more pleasure watching it burn than driving it.
I have had lots of help from you guys so far, but nothing to get the gauge working. Funny thing is EVERYTHING ELSE is tip top and A1 which is very rare on a MG1600 !

Perry