Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timing belt

hi there
    ive just replaced the water pump without removing the crankshaft as one of the alan bolts will not come off so first question is what other way to get this little blighter out ?
    the other is i done every thing buy the book turned the crankshaft to drop in the drill in the camshaft cover for the timing belt
    proped the injection pump so it didnt turn

i have placed the waterpump on and the belt and now looking i can see the timing is out one is the A marking is not near the mark i also premarked the positioin were the belt was previous to dissmantling

bassicly now i cant turn the crank in a full two revolutions as stated in the book it turns clockwise with about four ratchets then stops and also in reverse then stops does this mean something has gone wrong or is a few turns ok ?
    and if yes does this mean i will have to get that alan bolt off to rectifie and get the timing back to A ?
    hard to explain in writing hope you understand
    thanx
    lucky

If you can't turn the engine over then there is something wrong.

Put all the pins in place
    (One in the cam - 6.75mm)
    (One in the crank - 6.75mm)
    Two in the fuel pump - can't remember the size).

Turbo engines get timed to position B
    NASP engines get timed to position A
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

timing belt

hi there
      i got all the parts on managed to get the engine to crank over after a bit of alterations
      i know now that the timing is out and fault it might be
      ive read the book and seems to take me further than i need to adjusting all the pump and doing a pressure tests
      i cant release one of the four nuts on the crankshaft is there another way to do the timing or is that my lot
      or should i just take to a garage and get it done and is that costly??????????
      thanx for advice
      jay

Comment

timin belt

the belt is done now purrs like a lion know
        now to put on half a good exhaust then on to the next van electric windows

Comment

Working...
        X