Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Jobs

Hi guys and gals,

i recently aquired a 1.3 maestro that i'm using as a project car to keep me occumpied through my driving ban (8 months left!!).

It's painted in red over grey, I'm planning on removing all the door exterior trims, and maybe lowering slightly, but leaving the rest of the body standard. But i'd like to do an eye grabbing paint job, but nothing that looks like your typical boy racer nova/corsa/saxo look.

Any ideas? all input welcome, no matter how far out or rediculous!

Cheers,

Sam

There is a rather funny photoshop of a maestro with the starsky and hutch white stripe donw the side somewhere. I'm sure someone can post it up for a laugh.

Also I'm sure GK can give loads of good paint advice. His bonnet certainly does look good
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

shame a didnt have sum photos of mine,now that motor is different...until then,paint it brown

Comment

You can always expeiment with some of British Leyland's more unusual colour schemes such as Blaze, Applejack or Harvest Gold if you feel adventerous - it would certainly get you noticed.

Here's the Maestro with a Starsky & Hutch feel.

Last edited by E_T_V; 2nd June 2004, 22:26. Reason: Picture edited out becuase car owner requested it and feels that it makes his car look like the butt of a joke

Comment

MG Rover Trophy Blue....
          Last edited by G51 NAV; 1st April 2011, 09:50.
          Regards
          John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
          MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Had a bit more of a play with P/shop...any of these colours will get you noticed. My favourite? Good old black. Black says your cool, with an air of mystery...drive it with your MIB suit and waring your Raybans...windows blacked out for ultimate effect...
            Last edited by G51 NAV; 1st April 2011, 09:50.
            Regards
            John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Don't tempt me! I'd love to change the colour of my Turbo, but I'd be throwing a spanner in the works - the interior would have to match. Great bit of Photo editing!

John

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV
                My favourite? Good old black. Black says your cool, with an air of mystery...drive it with your MIB suit and waring your Raybans...windows blacked out for ultimate effect...
                Mine too, I'd love a black Maestro one day. Philip Pope has a black MG Turbo, it's proper bo!
                Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Originally posted by F170 GGT
                  Philip Pope has a black MG Turbo, it's proper bo!
                  Yeah so did GK, then when he restored it he sprayed it red His car, his choice though, furry nuff
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Thanks very much, Steve!
                    I owned a red one first of all and I think they look racy - Flame Red suits a hot hatch. I like black and it's nice that it's a rare colour for the Maestro Turbo. On the other hand, most were probably painted red because that suits the car's hot hatch role and they anticipated it being more popular.

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV
                      Yeah so did GK, then when he restored it he sprayed it red His car, his choice though, furry nuff
                      Yes, quite right, my car, my choice, never regretted it.
                      I could of course quite easily scrapped it, people would have been less upset about that i'm sure...

Comment

minw was originaly red,but after its full strip down to its bare behind i sprayed it vw indain red...very nice metalic pearl..yum

Comment

How does one go about changing the colour of images in Photoshop? I'd have fun with that!
                          M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

One way in paintshop (the software I use) is to select round the car then adjust the hue of the selection to whatever colour you want.

I'm sure there are other ways but that is quick and easy.
                            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Working...
                            X