Sunroof Leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof Leaks

I came back to my car yesterday to find the plastic moulding in front of the handbreak had developed its own pond!! It appears that the 'drip tray' surrounding the sunroof has rotted and that water is traveling through the rust and ending up on the upper side of the headlining. Its then making its way through to the headlining and dripping around the sunroof handle into the handbreak console moulding.

Ive slapped some waxoil into the drip tray, but is there a better way to do this? Does anyone know if this is a common fault, i.e. If i can source another from from a car being stripped is it likely to have the same issue... (and if not does anyone have a spare they would be willing to part with??)

Is there an easy way to repair this or are there any parts available? The best i could come up with was trying to make a moulding to fit from a coke can, then gripfill it onto the existing tray? If there a better way?

Thanks!
    1.3 Mayfair E975 RVG
    1.3 Ledbury X46 DAB
    Daily Stuff Pug 308CC / C4 Grand Picasso / Pug 207

I have a Maestro glass manual sunroof taking up far too much room in my garage. It's in good working order and the tray isn't rotten. It's yours for £20.00...but it's in Huddersfield.

Comment

Thanks Richard, have PM you to arrange collection.
      1.3 Mayfair E975 RVG
      1.3 Ledbury X46 DAB
      Daily Stuff Pug 308CC / C4 Grand Picasso / Pug 207

Comment

Working...
      X