Instrument panel Needles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument panel Needles

I am going to change over the dial faces on the instrument panel on my 1993Maestro 1.3. The only thing I am unsure about is this...
    When I remove the needles for the Temp and Fuel guage, are they magnetic and self setting?
    I have taken and replaced the speedo needle and it automatically went back to its original position, will the others do the same? I don't fancy having a fuel or temp gauge with a false reading.

Cheers
    S

I don't think that they do. Mark the position of the needle with pieces of low tack masking tape and use a dinner fork carefully to lever the old needles off the spindles as close to the centre as you can. The new ones just push in.
    M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

MMMMM that's what I thought. Is there any way that I can reset these needles or is it just a case of suck it and see?

Comment

Find another similar Maestro/Montego instrument pack and with both needles at rest, measure the angle between the needles and horizontal and that should be the angle of the needles that you need.
        M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

As mentioned, this is a bit tricky... Cleaned my clocks a few months ago, and although i marked the needle locations on a bit of paper, putting them back on was complicated by the weight of the needle I think. With the dash resting i put the needle back to my mark, but then turning the dash back upright they moved a bit. In the end i had to put them both just to the left of my mark (clocks with rev counter), it appears the spindle resting place is slightly different with and without the needle in place.

Hope that makes sense??
          1.3 Mayfair E975 RVG
          1.3 Ledbury X46 DAB
          Daily Stuff Pug 308CC / C4 Grand Picasso / Pug 207

Comment

Many thanks chaps for the info. Lucky enough I have some photos of the instruments so I can use that as a guide.

Cheers
            S

Comment

Working...
            X