Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maestro van saved from the scrappy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • maestro van saved from the scrappy

    Earlier this year one of those flyers appeared on my rotting van . SCRAP CARS REMOVED FOR FREE, well after I'd stopped crying, i went and called them.....
    NO i never i went and got me overalls on...
    As you can see its well ad it,The best way to start is with an angle grinder and one of those wire twist knot cup attachments any rust and rotting body work will tend to fly off so wear goggles. ive no idea where you buy sheet steel in london so i used this old boiler cover that i found in a skip. its 1.5 mm.
    Use aviation straight snips to cut out your plate and line it up to the hole with moleys or g clamps. Tack it up and follow on with a straight weld.
    This is the first time ive welded cars/vans and i found it reasonably okish. when your welding vertically or overhead just turn up the amps and the gas.
    of course you need a mig welder to do this job, and one that goes down to 30 amps. The sills both had big holes inner and outer, the floor pans had holes all over as did the wheel arches inner and outer and around both front struts.
    The boiler cover did the lot. I'll show you more in another post.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    good luck with your repairs to the body panels
    glad you have saved another maestro van

    Comment


    • #3
      Good for you,I had a lovely ex aa deisel and sold it about four years ago to my regret,every time I think about it I get upset I will be looking for another nice example shortly.

      Comment

      Working...
      X