Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro van electrical fault

Hi guys

Ok I am having numerous problems with my 1993 maestro diesel van. The current and most troublesome problem is of an electrical nature. I noticed yesterday when I started it that it had no ignition lights on the dash, the only light to come on at startup was the glow plug light. I didn't think much of it though as no other lights or instruments work either. However today after I stopped at rimmer bros Lincoln to buy more parts for the bloody thing it wouldn't start. After a jump start it fired up no problem but it was clear that its relatively new high power battery was completely flat. On the way home the lights barely worked and fuel gauge (the only one that works) was all over the place. When home I put a voltmeter on it and it seemed to be charging!? Even with a brand new battery fitted the ignition lights don't come on, I have checked all earths etc and I cannot find anything a miss. It is now at a garage being investigated further but even they are struggling. PLEASE HELP GUYS as I have to drive this back to Cornwall tomorrow!

Cheers
    Tim

Battery earth connection to the chassis and/or gearbox are a prime suspect.

Also try swapping the ignition relay with another in the fusebox (They are standard relays so easy to swap about for known good ones).

Also try the ignition switch box on the end of the key as faulty ones aren't common but aren't unknown.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Nice one mate, thankyou for that. There are a couple of things there I didn't think about.

Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
      X