Maestro Turbo Vapor Separator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro Turbo Vapor Separator

The lad working on my car said I need a new fuel filter. After doing a bit of google'ing I couldn't find the one I am looking for as it tuns out to be a vapor separator. Does anyone no the part number or where i could buy one from? Found the information from the below post, the picture of it has been uploaded by G Force. Saying that if he things it was a fuel filter it might not need changing, or is it a service part? Also interesting to learn the turbo doesn't have a fuel filter, got one in the service kit I got off eBay must have been an EFI service kit.

http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/sho...d.php?p=154193
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

They're NLA. I've heard golf ones can fit.

Part number is ADU 9218.
    1989 MG Maestro Turbo #413

1986 MG Maestro EFi - Dead but still here
    1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 L - Dead and in heaven

2001 Rover 75 CDT (Daily Runner)

Comment

The vapour seperator is essentially maintenance free.

Some monty turbos got a fuel filter but maestro turbos didn't.

Unless there is a proven issue with the vapour seperator then leave it well alone. It isn't a service item.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

OK cheers for the advice. He is round agian today I will ask him about it see if it is faulty or not.
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

A Vapour separator from Golf's and Jetta's from the same era is almost the same (just one of the pipes coming out of it is at a slightly different angle) and can easily be substituted for the A-R one which is NLA new. However, dont change it unless there is something wrong with your original as they are not a service item. My original one developed a pinhole and had to be changed as it is not a good idea to have petrol squirting around the engine bay.

Comment

Working...
          X