Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get fuel in my MG Maestro!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can't get fuel in my MG Maestro!

    So it's been a pain for a while to get fuel into it, having to wiggle the nozzle around etc etc, now I went to fill up yesterday and I just can't get any in at all, the auto cut off on the Petrol pump is kicking in constantly preventing me from filling it!

    I managed to get about £3 in, but took me about 5 minutes with some petrol spewing out of the filler cap!!

    Does anyone know what the problem could be?

    Cheers, Chris.

  • #2
    you need to take the fuel filler neck and possibly the rubber pipe, and possibly the fuel tank off (in that order) and find out. The problem is obviously there, no one without seeing the car will be able to tell you more than that.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MGMaestro View Post
      So it's been a pain for a while to get fuel into it, having to wiggle the nozzle around etc etc, now I went to fill up yesterday and I just can't get any in at all, the auto cut off on the Petrol pump is kicking in constantly preventing me from filling it!

      I managed to get about £3 in, but took me about 5 minutes with some petrol spewing out of the filler cap!!

      Does anyone know what the problem could be?

      Cheers, Chris.
      I know this may sound daft I had the same problem a few months back with my car at a local esso garage I was going to for awhile I always used the same pump , but when I went else where the problem went away , I assume my problem was a damaged nozzle . Are you going to the same garage and same pump?

      Comment


      • #4
        could t be the rubber air vent hose atached to the filler pipe as callapsed or blocked as its not very wide where it is fitted at the top part of the filler pipe

        Comment


        • #5
          I've got the same issue on my turbo. I think it is due to a kinked breather pipe. I can only fill it at a snails pace!
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

          Comment

          Working...
          X