Hole!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole!

I've just found this hole on the back of my DLX on removing the bumper.

What's the best remedy short of panel replacement, can't stretch to that at the mo, also got a small hole under the offside rear lights.

Cheers

Dean

P.S. Sorry about poory quality, took with phone!
    Attached Files

oh dear. There's a closing panel on ebay, or there was. As its pretty much flat metal it can be cut out and plated, this is what we did with our J reg 2.0i.

It's clear to see thats theres no red paint on that panel at all. What were Rover thinking when they made that.... (I know they sprayed them with the bumpers on but they could have made a better effort than that)

Gareth

Comment

Holes in rear panels

I had the same problem with my MG 2.0i - I had home-made plates welded on after the rot was cut out.

That panel that was on eBay was for the n/side. I would have had it, had I not already had the car repaired.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by D87SMW; 10th September 2004, 10:07. Reason: Images didn't want to work
      Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
      VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
      J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Holes

Originally posted by MGTurbo
        It's clear to see thats theres no red paint on that panel at all. What were Rover thinking when they made that.... (I know they sprayed them with the bumpers on but they could have made a better effort than that)

Gareth
        Oh, and this is one side finished (and yes I repaired/resprayed the lamp surround panel);
        Attached Files
        Last edited by D87SMW; 10th September 2004, 10:03. Reason: Image didn't want to work
        Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
        VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
        J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
          P.S. Sorry about poory quality, took with phone!
          What 'phone do you have?! That's an excellent quality photo. (for a 'phone) in my book.

Comment

Working...
          X