Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stepper motor info needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stepper motor info needed

    Hello all. First post. Hope you can help.

    I need to source a stepper motor for a 1986 1.6 auto Maestro VDP.

    I'm hoping to take off the manual conversion as it's just not working at all, and hand control back to the ecu! Thankfully the loom is still tied in.

    What part number should it be and who might have one? Are the ebay alternatives that come up worth a punt or should I just go down the breakers yard?

    Cheers,
    Chris.

  • #2
    why not remove manuel unit and replace the rubber seals as mite be perished rubber seals causing the problem.and replace unit back in the car and see how that goes.be easier then messing with a stepping motor and ecu

    Comment


    • #3
      It's quite a common procedure, replacing the stepper with a manual, although I've had no problems with the stepper approach. I suspect though that if the manual system isn't working you have big problems with the automatic one. Probably best to find out what's wrong with the manual setup first, it'll be infinitly easier than trying to fix problems with the auto.

      Regarding finding one, maybe best to wait for someone to be breaking a car on this forum, the cars are fairly rare in scrap yards these days.

      Good luck,

      Ian
      Ian Drew
      MG Maestro Turbo '400'
      MG ZT V8
      Rover 75 V6 Estate

      Comment

      Working...
      X